|12|

"Why am I so easy to forget like that? It can't be that easy for you to get like that." Solána Imani Rowe, Supermodel.

" Solána Imani Rowe, Supermodel

Dante

I took a deep breath, forcing myself to bring my hands to the door and knock. I ignored the fact that my hands were shaking.

No response.

Shifting my weight from one foot to the other, I knocked again. Mentally groaning, I looked down the vacant street, down the row of lavish houses. Every driveway had a car parked in it and the lights were on in each of the living room. Probably the owners of the house sitting down to enjoy a nice bottle of some fancy wine that I wouldn't be able to pronounce.

I hated these kinds of people so much.

The wind blew making the trees rustle in a way that made me even more anxious. Aside from that, I was scared someone would see me. My palms were sweaty and I shivered in the autumn weather, reminding myself what exactly I was here for. I prepared to knock for the third time when the door swung unexpectedly. There stood the most attitudinal girl I had ever seen. Out of instinct, I almost walked away.

"What do you wa--" Her expression softened as soon as she saw my face. "Dante."

Brinn let her hands drop from her hips and she tucked her bottom lip in between her teeth for a second. Her huge hoop earrings matched her silver nose piercing. Her tongue slide over her glossed lips and she flipped her blondish pink hair over her shoulders. Her eyelashes were clearly fake but no doubt long, black and defined. Her eyebrows were drawn on in a way that made her look perfect.

I absolutely hated this girl.

But she was Donovan's girlfriend so I had to respect her. Biting my tongue was so hard though.

"New nose piercing?" I asked the light skin girl, pretending to be interested as I gave her a smile almost as fake as her hair.

"Nope. I got this last year. You'd know that if you came around sometime. You need a haircut," she commented, her tongue feeling around the side of her cheek.

"Stop it, Brinn," I warned, clenching my jaw. My patience was wearing thin. The combination of this girl's face and the fact that she was practically lusting over me, made me sick.

"Danté!" Donovan interrupted, mean-mugging Brinn. "I told you I'd answer the door."

My twin hadn't changed at all. His broad shoulders and chiseled jaw no doubt made him the more favorable twin. His hair, freshly cut but it always looked that way. The golden Rolex on his wrist matches his gold chain, the cross sliding around the chain as he moved.