|10|

"Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending."- Aubrey Graham, Twitter.

"- Aubrey Graham, Twitter

Eden

Riana had to catch an early flight to LA and Cameron had a meeting of some sort and would have to call me back later. So I was left to wallow in self-pity alone. I felt like a broken mirror whose pieces Cam and Ri just swept under the rug.

In a matter of thirty minutes, all my sweets in the pantry had been devoured and I had a raging headache. There were tissues everywhere and I had successfully watched a look thirty seconds of everything on my watch list from Netflix.

I was so sure I was pregnant.

Maybe the tests were wrong. They had to be. I'd gained a few pounds and my back hurt a lot.

Getting up to put my bowl of melted ice cream into the sink, I noticed the pink box propped up on the counter. Yet another pregnancy test. The three that I took were still sitting in the bathroom because I was hoping to magically spot a plus on one of them. I read a book once about some girl whose body was showing signs of being pregnant but she actually wasn't. This had to be one of those times.

I was all cried out. No water could possibly be left in my body, but the anger and frustration remained. None of this would have even happened if Cam never said anything about me being pregnant in the first place.

My phone buzzed. I expected a text from Cam but it was a text from Dante.

'Five minutes away,' the message said.

I forgot about babysitting and quite frankly, I didn't want to be bothered with a kid when I couldn't have one of my own.

Grumpily, I swept the tests into a plastic bag and trashed them. Then I threw my hair up into a messy bun, trying to go for the messy casual look. No matter how many times I took it out and redid it, I still looked a mess.

And I was ok with that.

A loud knock on my door made me sigh. I was going to cancel because what else could I do something like that?

No tears. Just tell him you had a family emergency and--

"Eden!" Safiya yelled loudly, throwing her arms around my waist. "I missed you!"

That was all it took to send me over the edge again. My eyes filled and Dante stared at me for a moment before quietly telling his daughter to sit on the couch while the adults talked.

"You aight?"

I nodded, quickly brushing at my cheeks. If I spoke I'd probably sound like a man so I kept quiet.

"You don't look alright... Is this one of those times where you need a hug or something," he asked uneasily. "Are you on your period because I'm not good with that type of stuff..."