|6|

"You are literally, and I cannot stress this enough, literally entering my mind. And if you are not willing to accept my emotion and hear my words fully, do not listen." The Explanation, Jahseh Onfroy.

" The Explanation, Jahseh Onfroy

Eden's POV

Groggy and extremely pissed from the lack of sleep and the previous day's events, I was running purely on coffee and the fact that I had to makeup my hours, which didn't help my already unpleasant mood. My phone was buzzing all night long. As soon as I got to sleep, I would suddenly be woken by the buzzing. I even had to get up once because my landlord wanted to make sure I was ok. I kind of felt like it was my punishment for stupidly bringing up the whole marriage thing.

For forgetting that it was the last thing on Cam's mind.

I had emails to answer, supplies to order and calls to return but all I could think about was my boyfriend. He texted me once in the morning too. I didn't even bother to read it.

27 times. That's how many times he called me. Aside from the constant apology texts, he called 27 times and Curt even called me a few times. I wasn't as concerned because Curt was with him so I, at least, know he made it home safely.

He was no doubt sleep somewhere. Poor guy probably didn't even make it to the bed. But I had no sympathy for him. That's what he deserved for getting drunk, knowing he couldn't hold it down. His hangovers were the worst I'd ever seen. Nausea, confusion, dizziness, unexplained and honestly random bursts of sadness, and the extreme sensitivity to light and loud sounds. I wanted to call him to see if he was ok. He had to be alive for us to be able to talk about possibly getting engaged.

I was still fuming about the whole kids thing though. How could he not want kids? I specifically remember us playing with my not even one-year-old baby niece and he never even mentioned anything about not wanting kids. In fact, he was enjoying it more than I was.

"Someone's mad," Dante muttered under his breath as he walked past my desk.

I was furiously typing an email, deep in thought. Balling my fists up tightly, I fought to stay in control. "Not today, Dante," I hissed. "Don't try me." We were past the whole 'Mr.' or 'Ms.' thing. He was just Dante now.

"Excuse me, Eden. Would you like to try again," He asked, stopping dead in his tracks.

I chewed on my bottom lip for a quick second before sucking in a breath. No one was in the office except the two of us so I didn't even fake politeness. "I'm not kidding. I'll pop off on you without hesitation. Please try me. All I need is a reason."

"If we're gonna argue, the least you can do is look at me. And I think you should watch yourself, considering I'm the one paying your bills. And giving you extra money. You should be kissing my dick but instead, I get disrespected at eight in the morning. Sweetheart, are you sure you want to play this game?"