27.

[Please vote and comment]

*Samantha's POV*

Several tubes and bottles surrounded me as I settled myself onto the counter, Harry mumbled to himself as he continued to search through the cupboard for whatever he was looking for.

"So you really are tending to my neck then?" I asked as he pulled another tube of cream from the shelf.

"Of course" he said, offering me a quick glance and a knowing smirk, "you seem disappointed by that" he grinned as he placed the final tube with the others and turned so that his face was directly in front of my own.

"No, of course not" I said, my sentence trailing off as I spoke, turning my head away in embarrassment but still catching the grin Harry sent in my direction. A light chuckled brushed past his lips as I kept my gaze focused on anything but his face, my cheeks burning a bright scarlet. Without warning, Harry pushed forward and pressed his lips lightly to my throat. My breath hitched as a burst of heat emitted from the point of contact, goose bumps prickled on the skin of my arm and my chest tightened. Harry pulled away ever so slightly, just enough that I could feel the smirk dancing on his lips graze my skin before drawing back fully.

"Better?" he asked as he retreated, the smirk he was trying to hide still tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Better" I squeaked, the blush returning to my cheeks.

"Good," he mumbled, reaching to grab one of the tubes from the counter beside me, "now sit still".

It's amazing the way that some people can make such a simple act so sensual, how they can turn an everyday task or action into something that can leave you reeling and flustered. I was a mess, squirming and ruffled as I fidgeted on the countertop. Harry's fingers were delicate against my skin, the rough pads of his fingertips massaging the cool cream into my bruises with slow, sensual, circular movements. His tongue poked out at the corner of his lips, occasionally swiping along the sweet, pink skin before and leaving them glistening beneath the light of the bathroom. His brows were pulled low in concentration as he focused on his actions, apologising each time he pressed slightly too hard on a tender spot, flicking his bright eyes up to meet mine before returning to his work.

He was mixing a concoction of ointments onto my skin, creams to draw out the bruises, oils to sooth the ache, another cream to do something else. He was oddly skilled at tending to wounds, and he was more than equipped to deal with any situation, the 7 plus tubes splayed out around me only a taste of the treasure trove of medicinal products I had glimpsed in the cupboard. It made me curious, but I was too flustered and distracted to pay much mind to it now.

His breath fanned against my skin as he let out a little puff of air. My breath hitched and I tried to cover it with a small cough, but from the quick meeting of Harry's eyes with mine, I knew he could sense my unease.

"You ok?" he asked softly, his quiet words echoing off the tiled walls surrounding us.

"'M'fine" I said quickly, concentrating hard on keeping my voice level. His eyes stayed locked on mine, the deep green pools swimming with an unspoken emotion, one which I couldn't decipher. His fingers slowed their leisurely movements until they drew to a halt and he removed his hand from my skin. I felt cold, the warmth his touch had provided me had been removed, and the blood in my veins returned to its normal temperature, my breathing slowed and my heart stopped pounding in my chest.

I cowered beneath his intense gaze and dropped my head, wisps of blonde hair hiding my face from him.

"You're beautiful Samantha" he said softly. I snorted, the words bouncing off the brick wall I had built around myself and tumbling back at his feet. I raised my head with a sigh and bushed my hair back behind my ear. Harry gazed at me with sad eyes.