Chapter 5

Chapter 5

When we get back to the safe house there are only a few zombies waiting for us. Mia and Easton go all Kung Fu Panda on them and they fall to the ground in pain. It takes us three or so hours to unload all of our special things , but after we finally have time to relax.

" Bring everything into the safe house!" Mia yells " Come on everyone!"

" All food in the first room! Generators go in the main living room! Garret start working on them!" I can still hear her commands playing over and over in my head.

I am laying in a cot in room two. I sit up trying to stay quite, the children are sleeping soundly. I walk up to the cabinets on the opposite side of the room . They are full of pillows, sleeping bags, and blankets.

" Its really warm in here" I whisper

" Its the heaters " Emma replies " theres one in every room"

" Oh" I glance at the small, black box in the left corner.

" Are you gonna sleep? Im not" she says " Its to hard to"

" Im gonna try , the others are in the living room watching for survivors on the monitors" I say

" Oh, I'm gonna stay with Kelli , make sure she doesn't have any nightmares"

" Ok" I say grabbing a pillow from the cabinet.

" So............ tell me about yourself" She says

I stare at her. Was she actually being nice?

" What? I was just trying to break the awkwardness"

" Oh well I'm Dakota Bridges, ill be 17 in 4 months and I love horses."

" You got one?" She asks

" Yea, or I used to I don't know cause of you know........."

"Yea"

" So what bout you?" I ask

" Im Emma Lancser, I'm 17 and my sister, Kelli is 8"

" You really love her don't you?"

" You have no idea , my dad died when I was her age and our mom couldn't afford us so we've been in a home for about 6 years " She says stroking Kelli's short blonde hair.

Kelli starts shaking her head and sweating. Emma puts her hand on Kelli's shoulder and softly shakes her. She starts balling and digs her head into her sisters open arms.

" Shhhh honey, it was only a dream" Emma cuddles her sister.

" They were everywhere, ripping everyone limb from limb and I couldn't find you and........."

" Shhh its ok , Im here" Emma says

" And your not alone" I say " You have all of us now"

A/N- so I haven't updated when I was supposed to ( every saturday ) sooo Im now just updating when I can I have no school tomorrow and friday so ill be doing lots of typing .