Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Avery's POV

I wake up to the sound of muffled voices. I slowly feel around me and realize that I'm not in my usual cot.

"Oh good she's awake, I'll call Mr. Erickson." A female voice says from across the small, cluttered room.

"Mr. Erickson? Like my father?" I get up and yell."

"Quite down, no one knows your here." She leaves the room and locks the door.

What's going on? Where are my friends? Last I remember, I was helping set up base in the outskirts of the city. Was it all a dream? I sit back down on the cot and drop my head into my hands. A sudden click from the other side of the room jolts me from my thoughts.

"Avery" I hear.

"Dad" I stand, and realize that I have been stripped of my normal clothes and thrown into a dressing gown.

"I bet your wondering why your here, but let me explain." He says

"I'd hope you would" I say growing angrier and angrier by the minute.

"Now you know how I have been doing years of secret research and studies" I nod "I have constructed the perfect genetically balanced human, with perfect vision, strength, and so much more. I feel like I could creat the perfect human race, healthy, with peace, and easily prosper-able. Listen I have devoted my life to this study and now its finally come true. All over the world the undead have been devouring human after human, thanks to science." I stop him.

"You did this?" I scream. I clench my fists into tight balls and slowly walk toward him.

"Calm down sweetie, everything will be okay, just let me finish explaining."

I sit back down "Fine."

"With the help of other commited scientists around the world, we have created this dream of the perfect human race and we are ao close to achieving our goal." He sits next to me on my cot and I jump up and walk to the other side of the room.

"So what your saying is you set zombies to kill everyone, so you could create a better human race?" I never was extremely close to my father, and in this moument im glad. I feel like I don't really know him at all. "What the hell dad?"