Chapter 6

Chapter 6

--- The Next Day ---

I wake up five hours later to the smell of a fire. I sit up and look around the room. Evans sleeping in the corner with his thumb in his mouth. Garret walks into the bedroom.

" Mornin'" he says

" Whats that smell?" I ask standing up.

" Easton and Stella made a fire, so we can cook" he says grabbing the unnamed baby from his crib.

" Don't you think thats a little ,ya know , DANGEROUS!" I yells

" Shhhhhhhhhh" he sh's me

" Sorry" I whisper

" You haven't had the tour of the place yet, have you?" He asks

" No...... But what does that have to ....."

" Come on " he puts the sleeping baby down and drags me into the first room, the food room. Its full of selves covered in boxed and canned food, all organized. There is a hole in the floor, about the size of my head, with a fan hanging from the ceiling . The smoke from the fire is being captured in the current of the fan and is flung out the open window on the other side of the room. There is a small door in the floor. Garret opens the door and walks down the small staircase. It leads to a small underground room. Theres a stove near a small cooking area on the left side of the room. On the other side of the room the wall is covered in a giant map that is marked with little pins.

" Its a map of the city" Stella says " Come sit" she motions toward a table near the stairs. Its a low table surrounded by five ,black 'n' white striped bean bag chairs.

" Today is a very important day" Easton says to me" Today we go find survivors "

" I know I helped make this plan when I was like six." I say

" Oh..."

" Whatever... Do you think that there will a lot out there?" I ask

" Don't know ,there where lots of zombies on the monitors this morning." Mia says cracking some eggs in a frying pan.

" I say we get everyone up, feed, and then we go" I say

" Sounds good" Stella says

Emma bursts down the stairs " Guys baby's crying."

" Ill take care of it." I say

I walk up the stairs and back into the bedroom. My eyes fall onto the crying, bundle of joy laying in front of me . Adorable.

Evan scrambles out of bed and wipes his eyes. " Where are we?"

" We're safe honey don't worry. Thats for the big people to do" I say hugging him

The baby stops crying and falls back asleep.

" Im hungry" he says.

I pick him up and ruffle his hair " Me too, lets go get some food!"

We go back down to the basement were everyone is now eating apples and some eggs. Theirs sitting, putting the seeds of fruit into bags.

" Look who's up!" Easton says high fiving him. He giggles

" Here" Mia holds out a plate with eggs on it.

I give the bowl to Evan. " Thank You!!"