Chapter 3

Keith woke up in the nurses office. Keith's eyes flutter open and he wipes the drool from the corner of his mouth. "Hey bro. You're finally awake." Shiro says to Keith. Keith shoots up and sits on the bed. He looks around and sees Lance, Shiro, the big dark skinned boy, and the short boy. "Who are you guys..?" Keith says pointing to the short pale and big dark skinned boy. "Oh I'm Pidge, and this is Hunk. We're Lance and Shiros friends." The short boy says. Shiro stares at Keith's neck. His hood is down so he can see his fathers hand prints. Shiro quickly grabs the corners of the hoodie and pulls them down so he can see more of the hand prints. "H-Hey!" Keith yells holding Shiros wrists. "Bro... Who did this to you..?" Shiro says looking at the hand marks. Everyone is staring. "Pffft, oh those? Those are... are... a k-kids handprints that I got in a fight with.. yeah." Keith says not looking at them. "No dude these are an adults hand size. "Pfft nooooo they aren't.." Keith lies. "Why are you lying..? This is important, Keith." Pidge says looking at him sadly. "It-It's not." Keith says looking away. "I'm gonna get dressed get out." Keith says coldly. Everyone nods and gets out. Keith was lying he didn't really bring clothes. He didn't want to waste any for he only had a couple outfits left. He peeked out the door making sure everyone was gone and started to walk outside. School was over and done with. Little did Keith know, Lance was following him home. He was curious about Keith. Lance watched as Keith crossed the street. Lance followed. They were in a bad neighborhood. Lances mama warned him about this neighborhood. Keith entered a crappy apartment until he went into apartment 102. Lance waited outside the door after Keith went in. All he could hear was yelling. Then he heard it, he heard Keith yell and scream. Lance was terrified for Keith. He didn't know what he was doing to him. Keith was being hit with a glass bottle and cut by the pieces. His dad then punched his arm. Lance heard the worst sound to ever come out of Keith's mouth. He heard Keith scream, "YOU ARENT MY DAD!" With more screams following after. This time it got worse Keiths dad held a knife. Lance could hear Keith's mother screaming at Keith's father. Keith's father dragged the knife down Keith's arm. Keith punched his dad and ran to his room locking the door. A few minutes later Lance knocked on the door. Keith's mom opened the door with fresh tears in her eyes. "Oh my, Keith has a friend! Oh my goodness come on in!" Keith's mother says with a smile. Lance nods. He walks in to see the carpet stained with blood. And Keith's dad watching the television. Keith's dad gives Lance a death glare then turns back to the television. "I'm sorry we are running low on food so I can't really make anything for our guest." Keith's mother says sadly. "Oh it's fine." Lance says smiling. "I'm gonna go check on Keith. Is that alright?" Lance asks Keith's mom. She nods. Lance walks down the hallway, following the blood drops on the carpet. Lance slowly opens the door so Keith wouldn't hear him and nobody's in the room. He heard whimpering from the bathroom. Lance opens the bathroom door and Keith is sitting on the floor, back against the wall. Keith looks surprised to see Lance. Theres a bloody knife next to Keith. Scars on his wrists, tears on his cheeks. "K-Keith..." Lance says, his voice cracking. Lance sits next to Keith and hugs him. "L-Lance.." Keith whimpers. "Yeah..?" Lance asks worried. "You're hugging my scars and bruises." Keith says grunting. "Oh sorry." Lance says pulling away quickly.

Okay so I'm excited about this book so I'll be writing a lot today. K bye