Chapter 9

Keith and Lance waited on Lances bed for Voltron. He heard a knock on his door. "Come in!" Lance said with a smile. "Hey Lancelot! Your mom let us in." Hunk says smiling. Lance nods. "I figured." Lance said sitting on a spot on the floor. Keith shifted in his seat from being by so many people. He looked at his hands in his lap awkwardly. Keith stood up and went to grab his sweatshirt so they wouldn't see the marks on his arm. He heads for the bathroom. "Yo, Keith where you going?" Hunk asked. "To c-change." He said pointing to the bathroom. "Were all guys you can change in here." Hunk says smiling. "Hey!" Pidge says to him. "Oh right sorry Pidge." He says laughing. "I'm- fine. But you can't judge.." Keith says taking the tank top off revealing many scars, including some of his ribs showing. They all stare. "Keith..." Shiro says standing up. Keith is quiet. He goes by the group sitting on the rug. "It's time I've come clean to all of you.." he says looking down. "My dad abuses my mom and I... he has for as long as I can remember. We've had to move so many times b-because of the things he's done.. my moms probably getting hurt right now.. I promised I'd be back.. I told her to get food and lock herself in a room to get away from him.. I don't know how long she'll be okay." He says. He points at hand marks on his neck. "And this is from my dad choking me." He points to the ones on his wrist. "A-And the-these are from me c-cutting myself.." he says choking back tears. Lance hugs him and he lets all his tears out. He pulls away and puts a sweatshirt on. Keith sits on the floor and everyone gives a group hug. "Thanks guys." Keith says wiping away his tears. "Hey! If it makes you feel better, we can stop at your apartment and check on your mom!" Lance says with his signature smile. Keith nods. They tiptoe out the door and walk to Keith's apartment. "Uhhh... Keith, this is a scary neighborhood... everyone's staring at me.." hunk says looking around nervously. "Don't make eye contact." A kid walks past the group. "Losers." He mumbles. Keith grunts. A group of kids their age walks up to them. "Move. We need to get through." Keith says staring. "Why would we do that, Mullet?" He asks smiling. "Because we need to get through, idiot." He replied. "We would never move for Keith Kogane." He said putting emphasis on 'Kogane' Keith grunts. "I said move!" He says shoving him. "You're DEAD Kogane!" He says grabbing him by the neck. He quickly gets out of his grip and twists his arm. "S-Stop!" He yelled. "Thought so.." Keith scoffed. "Beat it." Keith said staring them dead in the eye. They ran the other direction they were heading. "Woah Keith that was awesome!" Hunk said. "Thanks.." They continue down the sidewalk as they come across a crappy apartment "This is it. My hell hole." Keith says pointing to the building.

Thanks so much to the people reading! 🖤