Rant on Twilight: Sparkling

So yeah, basic story of Twilight. Boy meets girl. Girl likes guy. Boy marries girl after a year and a half. Girl gets knocked up. Yup, pretty much the normal American tale. Only with vampires.

Now, here's my problem: Why do they sparkle? I mean burning in the sun is a good way to kill them.... but SPARKLING?!

Seriously! It' like, 'Oh look at me! I sparkle in the sunlight, but I don't like sunlight! I need blood! YAI! I IZ SPARKLING!!'

Dude, it's just stupid. I would understand if it was a way to lure prey in, but the people never see it! And if they do, they go running for the hills. See what I mean? It's a completely useless piece of information, and a bad aspect for vampires.

It would be a hellva lot better if something....epic happened instead. Like they go into a complete blood lust high and kill anything in sight, when they go into direct sunlight. Now THAT would be deadly!

Oh yeah, did anyone else think that Robert Pattinson looked like a Christmas Tree decoration, when he began to sparkle in the movie? Because, believe me, he did. And the movie came out close to Christmas, too. But seriously! He did!!

I may post more of these. Really fun to do!