Beauty

Alex's P.O.V.

    When I hobbled over to open the door for Katie tonight it was entirely worth it. As we walk down the steps to my truck I realize how beautiful she is. How her dress fits her perfectly, how the dress brings out the beautiful color of her hair. When we got down to my truck she helps me into the truck by holding my crutches and putting a hand on my side so I wouldn't fall. Then she walked over to her side of the truck, put the truck in reverse and pulled out. For the first minute or so it was silent except for the sound of her tapping on the steering wheel. "You nervous", I ask her she looks over at me threw the corner of her eye, and smiles. "What made you guess that", she said sarcastically. She smiled than focused back on the road. "Why are you nervous", I asked her worried that it was something with me. "It's just the entire thing of tonight", she said "I'm scared that tonight won't go the way we both want it to go". "I promise", I said as I looked over to her face "that nothing will happen to you everyone will like you, whenever any of the other guys bring a new girl they have fun, so don't worry about it ok". She smiled then said "okay". We were almost to the restaurant so we drive the rest of they way in silence. I look over at Katie she is focused on the road. She is beautiful the dress, her hair just everything about her resembles true beauty.

   We pulled off of the highway and onto the street to Magianos. We pulled into the parking lot and found a space close to the back. When she put the truck in park I looked over and said "you ready". She took the keys out of the ignition and looked back and said "ready as I'll ever be". I shuffled out of the truck and met her at the back of the truck, she looked over at me and said "I just have one question why don't you have the dinner after the season is over". "Well", I said "this isn't the legit one that everyone that has something to do with us , it's just the team as in the boys who are on the ice and their families/dates. The legit one like you said is after the season is over". We walked side by side into the restaurant and to the hostess podium. "Hello", she said "what name". I leaned a little closer to her and said "I'm here for the team dinner". She smiled and said "okay, follow me".

     She lead us to a door in the back of the restaurant, she opened the door and said "enjoy your dinner". I smiled and nodded my head, I grabbed Katie's hand and used one of my crutches to help get me into the room. When we got I the door the lady closed the door behind us. The room was loud, I think we are one of the last ones here. Chase walked up to us first and said "hey Alex, Katie, I'm happy you guys made it, how's your leg". I looked over at Katie but she was focused on something else in the room. "Well, Chase", I said "it's there I'm just happy I have Katie to take care of me". I looked over at her I knew I caught her attention, she was blushing and she had a small grin on her face. "I bet you are", he said "why don't you come over and sit by Kayla and I". He started walking and Katie followed quietly next to me, we walked to the far side of the table. Katie and I sat in bettwen Chase and his girlfriend, I guess because Chase wanted Katie to have someone to walk to. I looked over and I saw Katie introducing her self to Kayla, I've already met her before. Soon after Chase walked off Tyler came over to me "Hey, Al how's your leg doing and if you don't mind me asking who's that", he said looking over at Katie. I smiled and said "my leg is ok but doc. told me I won't be able to go on the road trip, and it will take a while to heal but anyway that's Katie". "Oh", he said smiling "well the waitress just came in so I'm going to go to my seat". I smiled and nodded my head, Chase came back over and set next to Kayla and Katie turned over to look at me.

   "Soo how's it going", I asked Katie. She looked down at the table then looked back over at me with a smile on her face "Ok, and Kayla is really nice, but nobody else has come and introduced themselves". "Well", I said looking at her sincerely "a couple of the guys have came over asking who you are but not many because we haven't gone around the table". She gave me a questionable look "what's going around the table". I looked at het with a smile on my face "the captain starts it...". The waitress came by and got our drink orders, I got a water, Katie got a diet coke. "The captain starts it", I said trying to continue "and we go around the table and each player introduces who they brought". She looked over at me and said "ok". I turned over the ask Chase a question but soon after Steve the captain stood up and said "thank you all for coming now we are going to introduce everyone", he looked over to his left and said "We'll start with you Cole". He and his wife got up and introduced themselves. Katie tapped on my shoulders when I turned around she had a nervous look on her face "do I have to introduce myself", she asked. I shook my head no then said "but you will need to stand up ok". She nodded her up and looked back over to Vladimir who was introducing himself, this time he didn't bring anyone that's a first. They were almost to us I just wanted to know what I am going to say. Now they were at Chase he introduced himself then Kayla introduced herself this is like her 3rd team dinner.  When Chase got done he looked over at me and smiled then he sat down.

    I stood up and Katie stood up a couple of seconds later. I put a smile on my face and said "hey I'm Alex and this is Katie", I put my hand in the direction of Katie. She had a smile on her game but I could tell she was nervous. "And while I'm up", I said "I thought I should tell you all that I am not going on the road trip, and doc. said I may be out for 2 to 3 weeks". I sat back down shortly followed by Katie, I looked over at her and said "now that wasn't so bad was it". She gave me a cocky smile and looked at Patrick who was introducing himself, and his fiance. Once they got around the table a couple of waters came in with our drinks. Then Katie leaned over to me and asked "where are the menus". I chuckled a little bit, then thought I forgot to tell her, then I said "it is like a family style meal, they bring out a little bit of everything and we just pass it around". She nodded her head then took her drink from a waiters hand. Then Patrick's fiance leaned over to talk to Katie, I guess to introduce her self. Then I leaned over to talk to Chase "hey", I said. "Hey", Chase said "your introduction was so silly you just looked so awkward". "I know", I said "you know I haven't really brought a girl that I really really liked to something like this like ever". Chase had a smile on his face "I could tell you really like this girl, first because you really can't stop smiling, also when you said you couldn't go on the road trip you didn't seem upset it seemed all you could think about was getting to spend more time with her". I could tell I was blushing "see", Chase said "well it looks like they are bringing in the food, I'll talk to you later, go talk to Katie".