New years eve

*Alex's P.O.V.*

Dear Journal

    Today is new years eve and I have big plans for Katie and I. I have a game today so a lot of it has to be well planned out. No it's not what you think, I'm not going to ask her to marry me, the ring hasn't came in yet ;). First... well you'll find out I'll tell you tomorrow how it went. Thanks for always listening.

                                              Alex

   She is going to be so surprised, first last night I left some flowers and chocolate on her kitchen counter. Then I met up with Brooke, she is going to the game with Katie, and I gave her some money to bring Katie out to dinner before the game and then I gave her a letter for Katie. Then they'll go to the game, be crazy like normal then Brooke will leave and Katie will come to meet me after the game, and I'll love her like normal. After the game we are meeting up at Steve's property to just hang out, we'll have a bonfire and if it gets to cold then we will move inside. Then like in movies I will kiss her at midnight, believe it or not I haven't kissed a girl at midnight for 4 years. I have great plans for a great girl.

  I showed up for practice at 9:30, and as soon as I walked through the door Chase came up to me and said "well I dont have a date for tonight". I was confused he and kayla have dated for four years, and he was planning on proposing tonight.  "What happened", I asked shocked about what he just told me. "She thought I was cheating on her", he said "I came home one night late, because I wanted to go to the gym". I nodded my head in understanding, "When I got home", he said "she started yelling at me asking why I was out so late, and she accused me of going out with another girl". "But" I said "she knows you love her". "Yeah thats what I thought", he said "then she stormed out and took her stuff with her, I explained to her that I was the gym and I even showed her the official gym records that show that I was at the gym". Well thats a bummer I thought as I walked over to my locker to get my gear on.

   After practice I went out to lunch with Chase to try to cheer him up. When our meals came, I got a text from Katie saying "thanks, love". "Who's that", asked Chase, and I was scared to say Katie because I didn't want to hurt his feelings. "Katie right", he said, I just looked down at my hamburger. "Don't feel bad", he said "it's her loss". I couldn't help but smile and said "ain't that the truth". I responded to Katie real fast and turned my attention back to Chase.

  We sat there eating and catching up for about an hour. He wanted me to catch him up on Katie and my family, because my mom just left town, and then we decided to go ahead and go back to the stadium. All I could think about for the rest of the night was getting to spend time with Katie. We won the game and even the coach wanted to get out so we made the end of the game talk fast so we could get on our 4 day break.

   I met Katie like normal after the game, instead of leaving right after we met like normal we waited til everyone was ready to go. When we got in the truck she grabbed my hand and said "thank you". I was confused "for what", I asked. She smiled down at the floor and said "for you, for this, for everything,  it's hard to think now about where I would be without you". "I could say the same thing sweetie, but it's just how it is and I love every minute I have with you", I said looking over at her. We drove to one of the team members property about an hour south of st.louis. Katie fell asleep on the way there and I was contemplating turning around and just bringing her back home, but I kept driving because I had a suprise for her when we got there.

     When we finally got to the property I woke Katie up. She was shocked we got there that fast, I think she didn't realize she was sleeping. We got out of the car and walked down a trail to Ben's cabin, we couldn't see much so we just followed the out line of everyone's head in front of us. Suddenly, I felt a tug on my arm, Katie pulled us over to the side of the trail. "I don't feel right", she said, I couldn't see the expression on her face but that scentence just worried me. "What's wrong babe", I said lacing my fingers through hers. She stepped closer to me so I could feel her breath on my chest, "babe", she said "I'm just scared, I never feel like I belong at these things, I can't relate to any of the wife's and I end up just following you around". "Babe don't worry about that I actually love it when you are with me". As soon as I said that I felt a hand on my back and someone said "Alex, we're all waiting on you". "Okay we'll be there in a minute", I said and turned back to Katie. We stood there in silence for a minute, until I finally reached down and gave her a kiss and she said "okay let's go".