Number 47 Alex King

*6 months later*

*Katie's P.O.V.*

     Tonight's opening night and I'm so excited. Alex is playing better than ever before, and I don't have school tomorrow so I can stay up and watch him. He got me tickets for tonight and Brooke is coming with me. It's 4:30 and I have thirty minutes to get ready, eat, wait for Brooke to get here, and get to the game. This is the first game I have actually drove myself to, when I went to games before I just took the Metrolink, but now I even have a spot to park in the garage. Brooke shows up at 5:15 and we go ahead and leave because we know the traffic will be horrible.

   We got to the game 15 minutes before it started so we got our drinks and found our seats. At 7 they were suppose to announce the 2015-2016 team and they come out of the tunnel the whole sha-bang. We took a picture in front of the ice and when we sat back down a lady who worked for Scottrade handed me an envelope, and asked if I was Katie Johnson. When Brooke and I sat back down I opened it, it was a letter from Alex, "he always does this "I told Brooke. I read it, it was just like the ones before, but instead of thanks at the end it was, With great love, most people wouldn't notice that type of stuff but I do. 

  After a couple moments of talking to Brooke about my relationship with Alex, the lights turned down and they announced "and here are your saint Louis blues". It was crazy everyone was screaming so loud but I was screaming to. The first player came out Steve the captain, then Chase, then some other people that I don't  quite remember. Then they called out "Playing as a defense man, number 47, Alex King". It was crazy a lot of people started screaming but I was screaming with them. I've been so proud of him, and I can't believe his own parents wouldn't want to come. But to him it's ok that I'm here , you're all I need he tells me, and it's true the way he looks at me, giving me everything he possibly has. I try to do the same to but it's hard because he has so much love but my heart is full of previous painful situations.

    Any way the game started they are playing the oilers it's not going to be a tough game but you still want to play hard. I sat and watched the game while Brooke sat on her phone. "I thought you liked hockey", I told her. "I do", she said "but Matt wants to go out tonight". "Did you not tell him you were going to be at the game tonight", I was getting really upset. "I did, but he really wants me to go meet his family or something like that", she said looking at me. "If it's that big of a deal just go I'll find a way back", I said steaming. "Really", she said in an excited voice, "wait no I can't do that". I gave her a o my god are you kidding me look. "Fine I'll see you later, I'll text you", she gave me a hug than walked up the stairs. Then the boilers scored 1-0, this game is going to be fun, I thought to myself.

The game passed pretty fast, the blues won 3-1, but there wasn't much action, only one small fight, a couple penalties, one going to Alex but over all it was a good game. I walked down to where I could meet Alex, it was 45 minutes after the game when he finally walked out. "Hey babe", he said surprised "I thought you and

Brooke...". "She left", I said interrupting him "before the first period was even over". He walked even closer to me and he wrapped his arms around my waist and I looked up at his face.  "Well it's not good that she left", he said "but now I get to spend more time with you". He leaned down and kissed me keeping me pulled in close to him. "Hey you wanna go get something to eat", he said ,"most of the team's going to..". I interrupted him again "how bout we just go back to the apartments, I can cook us some food, just you and I". I put my hands on his chest, he looked shocked. "Well I guess that could work", he said leaning down for another kiss, when I felt my phone go off.

   It was Brooke I gave him the one second sign, she was freaking out Matt had proposed, I was happy that she had left now. I'm happy for them they have been dating for 2 years so I was so excited. I told Alex and he said "good for her, but do you want to go now". I said sure so we walked out to his truck, but when I started getting in the front seat he said "no way". "What, why", I said. "You remember last time how everyone started freaking out and they wouldn't leave me alone about you so sit in the back and once we get out you can come up, I'm doing this for you". "yeah, I know", I said so I went and sat in the back seat. When we got up to where the fans were he stopped they were like "can I get a picture", and "can you sign this". He sat there for a good 5 minutes I think he did that just to bug me then he told them "I really need to go", then left. I climbed up to the front seat and said "was that ok for you". He looked over at me with a smile and said "hey when we get back I have a couple stakes in my fridge I can cook up real fast does that sound good". "Yep, perfect", I told him and he smiled again.

   When we got back to the apartments he started his grill out on his balcony, and I heated up the oven and pulled a bag of French fries out of the freezer. While the food was cooking we watched the replay of the game. He would say things like "god Alex", or "Boys you could do so much better". I couldn't help but laugh it was cute, he was criticizing himself for what he had done less than 3 hours ago. We ate on the couch I sat with my head on his chest, he got some wine and we just enjoyed each others company. When we got done I put the plates in the dish washer, and poured another glass of wine. It was my 4th or 5th I don't know, but he has had at least 6, but I don't care I think it's cute that he doesn't let himself go all the time just once or twice. I turned around and he smiled at me, "what", I asked. He looked at me and said "your beautiful and I want think you for all you've done for me". He wrapped his arms around me tight, and put his lips on mine. He rubbed my back and I put my hands on his chest, feeling the strength he has on not just me but everything. I don't know how long we sat there, when we finally pulled back he asked "do you have to work tomorrow". I laughed and flipped back around, he wrapped his arms in with mine and then our fingers intertwined. I laid there in between his legs, and felt my eye lids become heavy. I don't know if I was tired or if it was the wine but I went with it and I don't remember anything after that.