Chapter 5

So, I managed to get this written late at night over a couple of nights so it's not that good, but it may be the last upload for a bit. My GCSEs start tomorrow so I have to study really hard for them. I should be right now, but you konw!! Hakuna Matata!!!! Sorry for the Lion King reference, but I refuse to jump on the YOLO bandwagon. Hakuna Matata FTW :D

Enjoy! 

Emily xx

Chapter five – I can’t let them hurt me

Katie’s POV

I kept on running until I found a deserted park. I slowed down a little and walked over to a bench under a tree, just in front of a little pond. The kind of pond I would take Daisy to so she could feed the ducks when she was a little younger. When I was at home without hangovers. When Connor was just a guy that Louis talked to sometimes. When I was the big sister the girls wanted to be like. When I didn’t have to be drunk to feel like everything was going to be okay. My phone bleeped into the silence, interrupting my thoughts momentarily. I answered, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

“Hello?” I asked, holding my iPhone up to my ear.

“Katie? It’s Liam, where are you?” He told me, sounding slightly panicked.

“In a park on a bench under a tree in front of a duck pond.” I told him, describing my surroundings. I had been to London since Louis moved here but I hadn’t ever run off by myself and get lost. Because that what I was. Lost. I had no idea where I was or how to get back, not to Lou’s or to get a train back to Zara. “If you tell Louis, I will never ever talk to you ever again Payne, so don’t even think about it.” I growled down the phone, thinking that Liam of all people would probably tell.

“Don’t worry I won’t.” He chuckled. “I think I know where you are, I’ll come and get you yeah?”

“I don’t know. If you come and get me then we’ll go back to Louis’ and then he’ll want to know why I ran off like that and then I’ll have to tell him and I don’t want to tell him.” I gabbled, thinking everything that Lou will yell at me if I was to tell him.

“Just don’t tell him then.” Liam sighed.

“Have you ever tried being Louis’ little sister and not telling him something? I don’t think so; it’s not as easy as it sounds.” I huffed. With Louis it’s never as easy as just not telling. He’ll get it out of me and when he does, he is going to be so angry.

“Fine you win. I’m still gonna get you though.” Liam told me, chuckling slightly. “I’ll be there in about 20 minutes okay?”

“Yep.” I sighed deeply. This is one of the main reasons why I didn’t want to move in the Louis. Telling him. He’s gonna find out and all I know is that he is going to go crazy.

“Don’t worry about it Katie. See you soon.”

“Yeah, okay.” I hung up and put my phone back into my bag, the plastic casing clinking against the glass of my vodka bottle. It was only a little small one that Zara had sneaked into my stuff before I left but I know that I had to carry it with me. I mean, what if one of the boys found it? They would flip out. I unscrewed the cap and held the bottle up to my lips, taking a long sip, pulling a face as the alcohol burned my throat. That was better. I lifted my knees up to my chin, rested my right hand on my knee and took another guzzle, the alcohol burning my throat once more. I fiddled the denim of my black skinny jeans momentarily, looking straight ahead in meaningless thought. I took another sip of vodka like it was a plastic bottle of mineral water. All I need now is Luke, Zara, Marina, Oceania and a cigarette. Why did I leave them all hidden in draws in my room? Why didn’t I slip a pack into my bag with the vodka? I lifted the bottle to my lips again but it was snatched away before the clear liquid could burn my throat.