Ch 17. Hour of Confessions

I looked out the window watching the rain fall. I loved the sound of rain. The thunder, booming in the sky. The wind making the rain go sideways. It was a storm, and I loved it.

"Here you go. I'm sure this is the medication you take at home." I took the tiny one inch paper cup with pills in them and the water bottle he gave me. They looked exactly like the ones I took at home.

"Thank you, Dr. Fisco."

"No problem." He said as I drank all my pills.

The storm wasn't about to calm down any time soon so Dr. Fisco called our parents and we will be staying the night. My dad didn't want to let me stay and he explained my cancer to Dr. Fisco. Turns out Dr. Fisco has his own medicine lab here in his home.

"I'm as greatful as I can be. You have saved many lives. Believe it or not there's still hope running around in my head." I said.

"I run on that hope. I want you to keep that hope with you at all times. I'm going to try and help you, myself." He said. "Why don't you come see me in the morning before you have breakfast. I'm up by six in the morning and I would love to draw some blood from you."

"Of course."

"I would have to call your father and ask for permission since you're a minor." He said.

"That's fine." I said.

"Well it was a pleasure meeting you Amara. It's not every day Amelia makes friend's that are as kind and respectful as you and the two boys."

"The pleasure was mine." I shook his hand and made my way to the door.

"Oh, Amara, I'll be sure to give you your morning meds, after your blood draw." He said.

"Thank you!" I said as I walked out to the hallway.

Clay was leaning against the wall two doors down. I walked over to him. "So what did he want?" He asked as he took my hand in his.

"Um." I thought of something to say. "He wanted to talk to me about something. He is doing a project and asked if he could do a blood draw tomorrow morning." I said.

"Why from you?" He asked.

I looked down the creepy hall. It felt like I was in a movie. Where this turns into a haunted house and we're all killed.

"It has to be from a female." I said. We walked down the hall going to the game room. The cards were left scattered on the table.

"Where did they go?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. I swear I left them here when I went to wait for you." He said.

"Um let's clean up." I said.

We picked up all the cards and put them back in the small box. I picked up the controllers and Clay grabbed all the trash. I fixed the pillows and fold the blanket I had been using earlier.

"Lets go to the kitchen and see if there is a place to throw away the trash." He said.

I followed him down the stairs and into the kitchen. The trash can we found was to small to put the pizza boxes in and all the trash. But I managed to find a big trash bag and we put everything in there, then put it of to the side. Next to the glass slide door, going to the back yard. We couldn't go outside due to the weather.

We went back up the stairs slowly. 

"So you wrote an essay on rain, explain this storm to me." Clay said.

I thought he had forgotten about that! Ugh! "Um, it wasn't about rain. It was about a raindrop. It's different."

"Okay, tell me about it. Is the raindrop like a person?"