Ch. 29 Dark

Today was one of those days, where it was 12 in the afternoon on a Wednesday and I had yet to get out of bed. The sun shining through my window, lighting up my room. I watched movie after movie, while eating cups of fruit.

My dad was at work again. Sam was to come over. She said she had something for me. I'm not sure when she's coming since she has to pack. She's moving back in and her brother is supposed to bring her and her things over here.

With my head hurting I couldn't focus on the movie. I just wanted to close my eyes. I needed darker curtins, so the sunlight wouldn't come in. I turned off the t.v and grabbed my journal.

Due to my upcoming death, I decided to write a letter to everyone important to me. Currently I had done Ben's. I know what you're thinking.

Why Ben?

I want to thank him for the day he saw me cry. The day after my father had proposed to Sam at the family reunion. I was sad and he made my day a bit better. He might of played Amelia but now he's to be a father. He needs to think twice before he does anything. I hope he matures and he builds a better future for his family.

I heard the front door open. I put the journal on my nightstand.

"Amara! I'm here!" Sam yelled.

"In my room!" I yelled back. I could get her steps on her way to my room. She came in putting a box on my desk.

"Hey girly. You're still in bed?" She sat near my feet. "How do you feel?"

"Well I have a huge headache, but other then that I'm good."

"Did you drink all your pills?" She asked.

"Yes I did. But it won't go away."

"So what were you doing?" She asked.

"Watching a movie."

"With the t.v off?"

"Well I was. What's in the box?"

"Ohh! It's your prom dress!" She got up. She opened the box and took out a pink dress. "Well only if you like it of course."

"It's beautiful. Where did you get it?"

"It was mine, silly. It's my prom dress and I want you to have it."

"I can't take your dress! It's your's!" Is she crazy? Why would she want to give me her prom dress? It must hold good memories, right?

"Amara please. Unless you have another dress. I know I'm not your mother but I want to pass my dress on to someone special. . . And I'm having a baby boy."

"Oh my gosh! A boy?" I asked.

"Yes I'm having a boy!" She said with excitement. Her smile so big, she was glowing.

"Come try on the dress. We'll fix it if we need to. But when I was your age I used to be a size small. So maybe it'll fit perfectly."

I didn't want to get out of bed but for Sam I guess I could get up. She gave me the dress and left the room, closing the door.

Well it was a good thing I didn't have pants on. I took my long baggy shirt off. The dress itself felt light, but it fitted like it was made for me.

"Sam!" I called her. Instead Clay opened the door with a smile.

His hand went to his chest over his heart. "Oh my gosh, help me!" He said falling to his knees right in front of me. "I'm drowning in love!"

"How can I help you?" I looked down at him.