Ch. 19 Forgiveness

No amount of therapy would cure me. Sure I got my sensibility back on my legs, but I couldn't walk. I was too weak to make big movements. And for now I was stuck in a wheelchair.

I missed a whole week of school and today is the day I go back. But only today. I'm going to stop going to school. Instead I'll be in home studies. . .

I sat in front of the mirror telling myself I would make it through the day. I had to. No one was going to bring me down. I controlled my day.

I was just hoping I didn't have to see Clay, today. While I was at the hospital, I was worried for him, when I shouldn't have been. But I couldn't help it. He was on my mind and it made me feel weak. Dr. Fisco didn't like that at all.

I felt numb. Literally, I couldn't feel my legs. My arms felt like I had ants crawling on them. My vision was at it's worst. My headache grew with each beat of my heart monitor. And I stared at the white wall hoping my mother would come pick me up.

"Amara, how are you feeling?" Dr. Fisco asked.

Even with Dr. Fisco here, my attention was on that spot on the white wall. I opened my lips to speak but they were very dried.

"Clay is-"

"How do you feel..." Dr. Fisco asked again.

"Police station." My voice croaked.

"Your father is at the police station, yes."

"He arrested Clay Sax." I whispered.

"Clay got arrested?" Amelia asked from where she sat on a chair. She had been there for an hour.

"He'll be back." Dr. Fisco shrugged.

It was my fault- no. It wasn't my fault he got arrested. In a way it was his fault I fainted. It was anxiety and frustration that made my heart beat irregularly. It caused problems with my blood circulation and made me dizzy and made me loose my blance and have brain damage. At least that's what I remember Dr. Fisco saying.

"I'm going to check your legs again." Dr. Fisco said.

"I want to go home."

"You will go home, but I have to make sure you're okay. I'm running lots of test right now. You can't leave yet." He said.

He went to the end of the bed and took the blanket off my legs. He put his gloves on and touched my legs. But I couldn't feel the touch.

"Do you feel that?"

I shook my head.

He poked again with his pen. "Do you feel that?"

"No."

"Okay, we'll try again later. I'm going to explain to you, everything I told your father earlier."

"Okay."

"Amara, your blood pressure is high. You have some serious brain damage. The cells with cancer are reproducing at a much faster rate. This tumor is expanding. Anxiety, high blood pressure, and poor eating habits, messed up your blood circulation. This can cause paralysis in the legs, arms, or tunck of the body."

"So I'm never going to walk again?"

"That's not what I said. It can be temporary. You know I'll do everything I can to get you back on your feet. Due to poor blood circulation you may feel tired, numbness in your hands and feet, shortness of breath, irregular heart beats, bad memory. And I'm treating you for all of that. That's why you're on the oxygen tank." He said. "We did a cardioversion, and your heart beat is back to normal. I have you hooked up to the heart monitor."