Ch. 24 Dramatic

Clay's POV

I need to see her. I need to know if she's okay. Why won't they let me see her? Why won't anyone tell me her status?

I have been waiting for forty heartbreaking minutes and I'm so frustrated. It feels like I've been here for hours. Plus her dad pacing back and forth isn't helping. He hasn't told me anything since I got here.

I wouldn't even know Amara was in the hospital if Amelia hadn't told me. She said her dad was having dinner and they called him saying Amara was just brought in and needed assistance as soon as possible. She came with him to check on her friend.

But like everyone else here, she didn't know what was happening.

I didn't want to think her dad had done something to her. Although she was fine when I left her house. Yeah, she puked out what we had ordered but she said it was normal. And she said she was good before I left.

So why was she in the hospital?

"Clay!" I heard someone call my name. I looked over to see Miss. Carrillo. I had called her to tell her what happened with Amara. Sam and Amara for along so I thought she might wanna know.

I stood up but stopped as I saw Amara's dad go up to her. "Sam." He said.

He went for a hug but she stepped back and glared at him. "Do not touch me. I am not here for you." She side stepped him and made her way to me.

"A little harsh." I said as I hugged her.

"He's lucky I didn't rip his head off. Just seeing him makes my blood boil." She said. "How's Amara? I came as quick as I could."

"I don't know. Dr. Fisco hasn't came to tell us anything and I'm freaking out."

"Can someone call this Doctor?" She said.

"I tried." Amelia said. "He's my dad."

"Miss. Carrillo this is Amelia Fisco. Amelia, Sam Carrillo." I introduce them.

They shook hands. "I called Clay as soon as they called my dad saying Amara was brought in."

"Why did they call him? Is there no other doctors here?" Sam asked.

"There is. But Amara is my dad's patient. He knows her case like the back of his hand. And he must see her before anyone else." Amelia said.

"What about that idiot over there? Does he know anything?" Sam asked.

"He hasn't even acknowledged us since we got here." I said. "All he's done is pace back and forth."

We all took a seat. And we sat there for another hour. Just waiting. But I couldn't take it anymore. I got up and walked to the vending machine. I brought a Snickers bar, immediately regretting it because I didn't even want it anymore. In the back it said 'Dramatic'. Which is exactly how this whole situation was; dramatic.

Amara loved chocolate, and I always gave her Snickers bar.

I hope she's okay. I have a lot I want to do with her still. Her bucket list was still holding many things she wanted to do. And I wanted to do everything with her.

"Excuse me, is there any news on Amara Rowe?" I asked at the front desk.

"Not yet, I'm sorry." She said kindly. I knew she was probably tired of me asking.

"Can I borrow that marker?" I pointed at the black market in her desk. She gave it to me with a small smile on her face. I wrote on the bar and gave her the maker back.

I walked back to Sam and Amelia, putting the bar in my pocket. I sat down just thinking. Thinking for a very long time.

Was she in danger? Did she stop fighting? She couldn't stop. She was happy when I was with her. She wore a smile.