Chapter Eight

Zerra slowly regains consciousness. As she wakes up, she realize that she was lying on a couch in a room that were filled with chairs and tables. Sitting on a chair next to her was Jun, who was going through his cellphone.

Zerra: J-Jun...? (murmurs)

Jun only notice that Zerra was conscious when he hears her say his name. She tries to sit up but she had no strength to do so.

Jun: Hey, take it easy. You're still recovering so try not to push yourself. Here, let me help.
Zerra: Thanks...

Jun helps his Servant to sit up. He then hands her a nearby glass of water, which she drinks.

Zerra: What...What happened?
Jun: You don't remember?
Zerra: N-No....Sorry. Where are we anyway? It looks like a cafe or something.

Erica joins the conversation as well as answering Zerra's question.

Erica: It is a cafe.
Zerra: Erica...(looks at Erica)
Erica: Don't worry. The owner of this cafe is a former Agent of the Organization. I gave him a call to ask if we could borrow the place.
Zerra: I...I see.
Jun: Are you alright? Do you feel anything?
Zerra: Well, I do feel sluggish. No, more like, I feel weak.
Erica: So you really don't remember, huh?

Erica takes a chair and sits down. She then explains what happened earlier. Zerra was in disbelief as she continues to listen. Jun also explains their confrontation with Zed earlier.

Zerra: Me? A Phoenix?
Erica: That's right. I was hoping that you'd remember since you were just "reborn".
Zerra: No, I can't. I'm...sorry.
Erica: Nah, it's fine. As long as you understood what I said.
Jun: But Zerra, you told me to run away earlier. Did you know what was going to happened?
Zerra: I'm not sure. I guess it was my instincts.
Jun: Well, I'm just glad that you've come back. I really thought that I'd lose you.

Zerra blush a little from Jun's words.

Erica: Anyway, now that you know what your Noble Phantasm is, I suggest you try and control it.
Zerra: Control it?
Erica: We wouldn't want you to blow up like a bomb every time you die. This city won't last if you end up is flames again.
Jun: Wait a minute. Are you saying she can control it?
Erica: Yes. If she can master her own Noble Phantasm, she can survive fatal wounds without self destructing.
Jun: How can Zerra do that?
Erica: Hmmm. I guess the quickest way if for her to gain more Mana.
Jun: Mana...(murmurs)

The image of Zed's face and all the evil things he had done flashes in Jun's head.

Jun: I certainly won't be copying Zed's method, that's for sure.
Zerra: Of course not! I would be against it as well, Jun! Taking a human soul for my benefits is something I can't do!
Erica: Then the only way is for Jun to become stronger.
Jun: Huh? Me?(points at self)
Erica: A Master usually provides their Servant with Mana. But since you're not a 100% mage, Zerra is only receiving the bare minimum Mana from you. If you become stronger, then you'll produce more Mana.
Jun: I've been practicing everyday. Isn't that enough?
Erica: That method is taking too long. What you need now is a quick boost.
Jun: A boost huh?
Erica: Well anyway, we'll discuss about that some other time. The fire in the park had already died out and civilians had started to gather. We need to get home.
Jun: Right.

Before anyone could make a move, the front door opens. The three quickly turns their attention to two unexpected visitors. Both Zerra and Jun were didn't know who they were but Erica did. One was a boy, about Jun's age while the other was a girl but a bit younger. Both were wearing black colored school uniforms and both had silver hair. The boy stands with an intimidating expression however, the girl being nervous and was hiding behind him.