Chapter Ten

After being trapped inside Zed's barrier, Jun had no choice but to accept the mage's challenge. Due to circumstances, he couldn't use his Command Spells to call Zerra for help. Jun had pulled out a small book from his pocket and was prepare to fight. However, both he and even Zed didn't notice that the hand he was using to hold the book was faintly glowing blue.

Zed: You better not disappoint me. I'm expecting great things from you, Jun.
Jun: I ain't doing this for your entertainment Zed! The faster I beat you, the faster I can treat Maya's injuries!
Zed: That "friend" of yours will be the death of you.
Jun: Shut the hell up!

With a wave of his hands, five suits of armors materialize in front of Jun. Each of them were wielding a spear. But only seconds after summoning them, Jun's legs goes weak for a moment.

Zed: That's it? A simple summoning like that and you could barely stand? Pathetic.
Jun: You better watch that mouth of yours, you bastard.
Zed: All bark but no bite.
Jun: Enough! Get him!

With that command, the suit of armors charge at Zed all at once but he only grins as a respond. Before they could reach him, Zed's magic circles appear on different parts of their bodies. Jun sees this and knows what was about to happen.

Jun: Oh shit!

In an instant, the magic circles explode, completely destroying Jun's summoned beings in the process. Pieces of them flies in all direction as Jun lifts both hands to cover his face from the incoming debris. He couldn't believe what just happened.

Jun: T-This is bad....(murmurs)
Zed: You have got to do better than that, Jun!

Zed mockingly laughs at his opponent. Jun begins to feel frustrated at his own helplessness as he grips the book in his hands.

Jun: Stay calm Jun. Stay calm. Losing your temper will only make the situation worst. First, I have to distance myself as far from Maya as possible. I don't want her to get caught in all this. My only choice is inside the school. And seeing that everything here isn't real, I can go all out and not worry about hurting any civilians. (thinks to self)

Jun again summons his Pawns but this time, only three. They again charge at Zed, who wasn't impressed.

Zed: Getting desperate? You really are pathetic!

Zed once again place his magic circles on their bodies and made them explode without wasting a moment. However, when the dust settled, he sees that Jun had sneaked into the school building. He couldn't help but grin a little.

Zed: So used the explosion as a distraction so he could get away from me. Not bad but what will you do now, huh? You better put up a good fight.

Zed laughs as he casually walks into the building and begins to chase Jun. Meanwhile, Jun was hiding in one of the classrooms. He takes a seat as he tries to catch his breath.

Jun: T-This is bad...I'm already out of energy. Even after all that practice, I haven't improved at all. Damn it...Damn it all...!

Jun slams his hand on a nearby desk in frustration. As he did, something catch his attention. He looks at the hand that he just slammed and was in shock to see it glowing faintly blue. Static of blue electricity was also appearing around it. As he analyze some more, the area on the desk that he slammed his hand on was slightly burnt.

Jun: What...on earth...?(looks at hand)

While Jun was trying to understand the situation, the door to the room explodes wide open. The force of the blast knocks him off his chair and into the floor. He was about to stand on his feet when Zed walks in with a grin on his face.