Chapter Twenty Three

Jun and Zerra had lured the Servant Mandy into a building that is under construction. After nearly being injured by their attacker, the duo prepares themselves for a fight, unknown to them that Victor, Valerie's Servant, was watching the scene from the darkness. At this point, Mandy's entire body is now covered in green scales. Her eyes also changed, similar to that of a snake's.

Jun: What's happening to her?
Zerra: I've seen this before. When we fought, she did the same thing.
Jun: Then I'll leave this to you. I'll support you in any way I can.
Zerra: Understood.

Mandy's gives an ear-shattering roar that creates a short shockwave. Then, her body starts to slowly change it's shape. Her human-like shape drastically turns larger as her clothes rips themselves apart. Jun and Zerra were in shock and could only watch in horror.

Jun: Uhhhh, Zerra? Did...she also do this before?
Zerra: N-No. This is the first time I've seen her do this.

Moments later, her transformation was complete. Mandy had turned into a enormous serpent with three necks connected to three separate heads. She was so huge that her new body also fills up the entire space of the area. Each head also had razor sharp teeth that constantly drools saliva. Zerra notice that once the saliva hits the ground, it starts to melt it.

Zerra: I'm certainly sure that she's highly poisonous. Worst is that her saliva reacts like acid.
Jun: Zerra, we have to take her down as fast as possible.
Zerra: I know that. Master, stand back! (eyes glow)

Zerra holds her flaming sword and goes into a stance where she was going to swing her weapon.

Zerra: Sorry Mandy! I don't know what happened but I'll put down anything that threatens my Master's life! Nothing personal!

Zerra swings her sword as it shoots out a curve-shaped flames. It hits Mandy, resulting in a small explosion and setting her on fire. The monstrous creature roars in rage.

Jun: I think you just made her mad.
Zerra: Don't worry. If I burn her long enough, she'll definitely perish.

In the midst of being burned, Zerra notice that the scales on Mandy's body were tightening up. After that, the creature was acting like the flames weren't bothering her anymore.

Zerra: Th-This is bad!
Jun: What? (looks at Zerra)
Zerra: I think she just became fireproof.
Jun: Are you serious?
Zerra: Those scales of her must be protecting her. Even the flames of a Servant can't penetrate her now.

Mandy gives another loud roar. Zerra reacts fast as he grabs Jun and carries him on one shoulder. She then runs as far away as she can.

Jun: What are you doing?! Why are we running?!
Zerra: We need to regroup Jun! Since my flames won't work, we need to think of a plan to take her out in one strike!
Jun: Can't you just use that attack you used on her before?
Zerra: I would have already done that but unfortunately, I can't! If I use something like that, I might bright this entire building down. I can't do that when you're still in here!
Jun: Then I'll simply leave so you don't have to hold back!
Zerra: Sounds like a plan! I'll get you to the nearest window and once there, you'll--!

Zerra sees an open window several feet away but suddenly stops. The sudden halt throws Jun off Zerra's shoulder and into the ground. He cleans himself up before standing up.

Jun: Why'd you suddenly stop like that? (looks at Zerra)
Zerra: We might have to think of another plan.
Jun: Huh? Why?

Zerra points at the window. Jun looks at it and sees that there was a greenish fog outside.

Jun: W-What's that?

Some of the fog slowly goes inside and Jun breathes in a little of it. When he did, he starts coughing hard. His eyes were turning red and rashes were also appearing around his neck.