Chapter 1: Going Back

I do not own Naruto all rights are reserved to  Masashi Kishimoto respectfully. 

We had won the war against Madara and Kaguya but at a great price. Less than 20 of us survived. I had pieces of all 9 of the tailed beast chakra within myself and I still wasn't able to save many of my precious people. Our world had been razed to the ground. Nations decimated in attacks from the 10 tails before the rabbit goddess.

Burning flesh and ash clogged my nose as all of us survivors gathered in a cave. The cave was ironically the same place my mother had given birth to me. It was held up by seals much like the ruins of Uzushiogakure. Kurama had taken me to bury my dead before I ran off head first into war and it was there that me and the tailed beast made a plan.

Sighing I looked at everyone that was left gathered around me. Gaara and his siblings Temari and Kankuro to my left and to my right was Shikamaru, Sasuke, Sakura, Ino, Choji, Neji, Lee, Tenten, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, and Sai our replacement for team 7 before the teme came back. Besides the living wr had the 4 reanimated Hokage including my father.

"Hokage-sama you requested a meeting" Sakura said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Yes and it is extremely important that all of you listen" I replied as I placed a silence barrier seal and invasion prevention seal down in the middle of the room. We may have won the war but I was not taking any chances.

Looking at them all it was obvious that this war had done more harm than good to everyone. "I am going back to the past with the sage of six paths powers and the combination of the tailed ones. They said that I can take everyone in here with me. When we go back Kurama and the others have said that our powers, skills and souls with memories and everything else we have will go into our younger selves from whatever time we go back to. However we have a specific time that we can't go any further back from sorry teme. We also will not have the peak conditions like we do now. So we have a lot of work to do. We will have to train and eat properly no diets."

Everyone looked as if they were holding their breath. "Look I'm not saying by any means that we can fix everything but I will be damned if I don't prevent this. I can stop us from losing everyone. I can not keep being Hokage if there is no Konoha or any other villages. You don't have to come and I will not order you to do so as Hokage" I said as Shikamaru took my hand in his lightly squeezing it. Warmth rushed through my body at the contact and I blushed looking away.

"I'm coming with you" Shika said before anyone else could say anything. "You don't even know if we will make it Shika. This could kill you." I said softly. "I said I'm going Naruto. I would go with you regardless troublesome blonde" Shikamaru said slowly his shadows extending around the room. "Your fixated on my child aren't you young Nara." My father asked looking at Shikamaru seriously.

Looking between the two of them confused. "What age will we be going back to exactly Hokage-sama" Ino asked bowing her head in respect and getting my attention. Gaara's mouth twitched in amusement as I flinched.

"Stop with the formalities I can't take them very well. We can go back as far as 10 years old for most of us the others it would be however old you were when we were 10, but we need to stick to the timeline as close as possible for team placements and certain events to take place such as Orochimaru and the Chuunin exams for one. Also Kurama explained that his siblings will go back to their original host and will take back their souls from our timeline as well. Which Gaara you unfortunately don't get to choose to come brother Shukaku said that he won't play the mother role this time and actually try to get along with you."

Shocked he nodded his head "As Kazekage I would have chosen to go back, I have to stop my younger self from killing to many people that are not in need of being killed. That is also my village, and my father will have to step up." Kankuro and Temari both had matching grins as they stood beside Gaara.