Talking it out with Hokage Jiji

I distinctly heard the group behind us yelling about not leaving their sight. Tsuyoshi took us into the sacred forest "Shikamaru I'm an outsider to your clan why am I being brought into the forest" I asked as he wrapped his arms around me. "You must be well liked by more than the human part of my family." I swore in my head the damn man has a smirk on his face I just know it. Tsuyoshi came to a stop deep in the forest at the clearing that Shikamaru brought me to before the 4th war started and after I had defeated Pein. Shocked I looked at Shika "Did you plan this" I asked biting my lower lip. "Naru I haven't been here since we came here last" he said helping me down to the forest floor on my feet.

Nodding I looked around and as if Tsuyoshi gave a silent command the Nara clan of deer began pour into the clearing when Tsuyoshi's mate Hikari came up beside him. Between the two was a small barely 6 months old buck, the next head deer. "Shikamaru you know what happens if I name him" I said sitting down in front of them as the baby laid in my lap. "Naruto it's only ever been you. It will always be just you and this time I'll do it right. I'm sorry for what I said earlier today. A Nara is stronger with a fixation. It can be anything and the more your with the fixation the better you can be. Not all fixations end in marriage but my parents did and I won't lose you again. I lost control when I thought you died Naru. My shadows attacked everyone trying to enter your hospital room for hours even as we slept. I was willing to die for you time and again when I thought you were in trouble" Shikamaru said sitting behind me one leg against his chest holding me from behind. "You shouldn't feel pressured" I stated not looking at him. Pulling my face to him he kissed my forehead lightly "Naru you are so oblivious it's cute. I only said what I said earlier today because I figured you wouldn't want me. You're the freaking Hokage woman you have plenty of people to get a better suitor" he said looking away.

Laughing Shika stared at me as if I was crazy, "I may be oblivious but you are just as bad. What's the point in a suitor if it isn't out of love. The relationship with anyone else would never work then dattebayo" I said as I calmed down while looking into Shika's brown eyes. Shikamaru leaned in closing the space between us before his lips covered mine. Closing my eyes I kissed back turning to a more comfortable position. His tongue lightly licked my bottom lip making me gasp in shock. Taking advantage Shika's tongue entered my mouth dominating my own. Fighting his tongue back with mine I savored the flavor of honey and bbq.

Breaking apart we were gasping for air, my arms around his neck with his arms around my stomach and back. The two of us had henged to our 17 year old selves during our kiss. His hair was longer but still spiky and his jaw sharp. He pushed a piece of my hair out of my face softly. Tsuyoshi and Hikari gently pushed their young buck toward us bowing their heads. Bowing my head back I took the young deer in my lap petting his head. "Only if you're ready for this Naru. You will be my future wife when were of age again and the next clan matriarch if you choose so" Shika said laying his head in the crook of my neck. "Takeshi may you never have to live up to your name but you will be a mighty warrior if you should have to. That would make you the Uzumaki clan head as well, Shika. Beside's your my anchor, when I feel myself going to far off in seal land I focus on you and come back. You keep me from going crazy and you kept me from giving in to turning on this village the first time around" I said my Hokage voice seeping into my regular voice.

Tsuyoshi came over as Shikamaru smiled he placed his nose at the skin above my heart placing the mark of the Nara clan family. "Welcome my child. We are glad you two came back" Hikari said nuzzling the side of my face. "It's an honor" I replied nuzzling them back. "Come they are trying to find you two" Tsuyoshi said. Standing up Shikamaru grabbed my right hand as Takeshi stood on the left my hand gently resting on his back. Leaving the forest was not as difficult as I had remembered from years ago but I was no stranger now.

Tsuyoshi and Hikari lead us straight into Shikamaru's back yard where everybody was staring. Shikaku stepped forward and Tsuyoshi nodded at him, nuzzling me and Shika the three deer left us. "Is it true" Shikaku asked staring at the two of us and our entwined fingers. Nodding Yoshino squealed "So cute" before scooping me up in a hug. We followed them into the house not letting go of each other's hand. We all piled into the dining room where Yoshino had dinner ready and sat out to accommodate everyone. Taking a deep breath Yoshino cut me off "You and everyone can explain after dinner musume." Blushing I looked down at my plate between Shikamaru and Sasuke who seemed to be glaring at each other.