Changes start in the past.

"Jiji we aren't supposed to tell people" I groaned as he chuckled. "Naruto my dear I think of you as my own granddaughter you will still need to come see an old man from time to time." Looking at Shikamaru who still had his head down on the bed I looked up at Jiji his age clearly showing on his face as he smiled at me. Getting up I hugged Jiji tightly "Of course I will Jiji your family" I said still trying not to cry from seeing him without the reanimation jutsu. Releasing me he sat me down gently "Behave for Yoshino and Shikaku and if anybody comes after you come get me Naru. Have a good day child" the third Hokage said smiling once more before dismissing himself from the room.

Running into the bathroom I changed into my obnoxious jumpsuit that was almost falling apart and blue ninja sandals. Walking back out I mumbled to myself about stupid clothes and that I didn't like it. "Naru stop whining, you're so troublesome. I already have you something at my house that you're going to love. Ino and Sakura helped pick it out and it's still orange so the color won't be much different. Troublesome blonde" Shikamaru said as he sat up and yawned.

"Alright children we need to be heading home. You two can go and get all of Naruto's things from her apartment if you would like but be home by dinner time Shika if you two are late you will have to take care of the deer by yourself tonight" Yoshino said smiling and leading us out of the hospital. "We will be home shortly Yoshino-san. I can't thank you enough for what you have done. You didn't have to do this" I said fidgeting awkwardly.

Laughing Yoshino grabbed me up in a hug "You don't have to thank me. You are family dear maybe one day it will be more permanent" she said looking at me and Shika. "Kaasan" Shikamaru whined at her as he pulled me away. Laughing Yoshino walked off towards their compound, "Shika stop" I said making him slow back down. Dropping my arm he stood a half a step behind my right arm. Grabbing his hand I pulled him beside me so that we were equal. "I don't need someone to stand behind me and protect me. I need someone to walk beside me" I said sighing rethinking about agreeing to live with him. "You are my Hokage I am to protect you Naruto" he reminded me. Rolling my eyes I pouted before putting on a fake grin my next statement was soft and almost whispered. "I am not Hokage right now and that means that you don't have to walk behind me. Shika, I was never one to want someone to walk behind me. I only wanted people to walk with me like we were equal".

Opening up my apartment door I rushed in and stopped staring at the boxes and people in my apartment. "Teme what the hell are you guys doing in my apartment" I stated. "Hokage-sama we are packing up your place to go and live with Shika" Hinata said smiling at me. Groaning I rolled my eyes "I know how to take care of myself. What if I had refused to stay with him and his family" I asked exasperated. Everyone in the room snorted at my statement. Walking over to the boxes I looked at what was in them and groaned afraid to find the jumpsuits. "The jumpsuits are trash. I will not be pretending to be a male or anything."

"Hai Hokage-sama we have already thrown the rest of them out" Sakura said smirking at me. "Dobe we have one outfit you can change into before you get your new clothes" Sasuke said handing me a bundle of clothes. Dashing away from the craziness I sought solitude in my bedroom.

*3rd person point of view*

Naruto disappeared into her bedroom leaving the rest of the Konoha 11 alone in her living room. "Shikamaru Nara what the hell did you say to her" Sakura demanded her pink hair short and pulled back by a ribbon. "I only told her that she was Hokage and I was to protect her" Shikamaru said plopping himself back on Naru's couch. "What did she say for you to say that" Sasuke asked as he looked in the kitchen cabinet shaking his head at what appeared to be an endless supply of instant ramen. "She said something about not needing anybody to stand behind her and protect her she needs someone to walk beside her. That she only wanted to be treated as an equal."