Chapter 2: New Home

Makayla's POV:

The letter had two important pieces of information in it. The first part informed me that my parents are now dead. How did that happen? I wouldn't even know because I haven't been in contact with them for over two years. Their death doesn't affect me as much as I thought it would because I feel like they never even cared about me in the first place. That's why I moved out when I was sixteen.

After the incident, I got my own apartment, with the help of my brothers, and lived on my own. I couldn't stand being with my parents anymore. I had to do something. Now that they are gone, I have an empty feeling inside of me. There were so many unanswered questions that remained that way when I left. I always had hope I would figure it out, but now that hope has now diminished. I loved my parents just like and daughter would, but they weren't acting like parents when I was sixteen. They were hiding things and acted suspicious. They didn't give me the attention I needed as their daughter.

The other part of the letter was about my house. My landlord needed the house that I'm living in. I am forced to move out. I have to be gone in a week. I have no where to go. My brothers' apartments are too small. My parents...I don't even want to think about them. My friends still live with their parents. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!I have two problems do deal with now. This was not going to be fun.

"Where am I going to live?" I ask no one in particular.

"Maybe you could just find a new home that is on sale nearby. We could go house hunting!" Bridget suggests.

"It's going to be impossible to find a house I actually like within a week." I groan, "I'm just going to start packing and deal with finding a house later."

"Do you know anything about Mom and Dad's death? Also, what's going to happen to all their stuff? Is there going to be a funeral? How did they even die?" I ask Dylan and Austin. I'm pretty sure they would at least know soemthing about it.

"Nope. We are just as clueless as you," Austin replies.

Hm...this all seems a little weird. My parents' death was so random. And who even sent this letter and how did they know these things? Why don't Dylan and Austin seem depressed about our parents? Did they know something I don't?

"Alright, we'll leave you to pack then. I wish you could live with one of us, but that obviously wouldn't work out. Good luck finding a place." Austin pats my shoulder before leaving, followed by Dylan and Bri.

I walk into my house and look around. I lived here for almost a year and now I have to move out in a week. Great.

I pack a few things from the living room like some picture frames and decorations. I would continue packing more, but I feel tired all of the sudden.

It's getting pretty late anyway so I brush my teeth, change into my pajamas, and flop onto my bed. I check my phone to see if I got any notifications. There's a text from Bridget.

From: Bridget

Call me tomorrow. I have exciting news!

I wonder what the news is. It's probably something that is exciting to her but I'm not going to like. I sigh and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

~

The next morning, I wake up, get dressed, and eat breakfast. Today I'm planning on looking online for a couple places that I could possibly get that are still nearby. I don't want to move too far away.

When I arrive at work, I am given a new assignment from my boss. Time goes by pretty fast and before I know it, I am driving home.

When I get there, I pull out my laptop and look through many different houses and apartments, but have no luck finding the right one. They are all too expensive, too far from work, or don't look appealing to me. This is going to be harder than I thought.