Chapter 10: Missing

When I finally get home, I try calling Cody, but he doesn't pick up. That's weird. He always picks up when I call.

I try Ryan next, but he doesn't answer either.

"What's wrong?" I look up from my phone to see Lily standing in front of me, concern shown through her features.

"Cody and Ryan aren't answering their phones. It's unlike them." I frown.

"Maybe they are just busy," she shrugs. She does have a point. They are probably just busy and will call me back later.

"But they usually answer no matter what. If they are busy, they would at least tell me they are busy."

"Don't worry about it, Mak, I'm sure they're fine," she assures me.

"Yeah, I guess so."

I walk into my bedroom and flop down on the bed.

What to do...what to do...

BINGO!

I got up and walked to my favorite drawer. The drawer with the stash.

"Hello my yummy little friends," I whisper to my gummy bears. I pick out a green one and throw it in the air, landing in my mouth.

With the rest of the pack in my hand, I looked through my closet. When I was younger, I learned to play the ukulele and guitar. I grab my ukulele and go out into the backyard.

The other day, when I was out here, I discovered a little door in the fence at the corner of the backyard. It was hidden behind a bush. I never had time to check what was behind it though.

As I approach the small door, I notice it is only about five feet tall and has small, heart-shaped hole where the doorknob would go.

I pull the bush away while I pass through and when I try pushing the door open, it doesn't budge. I look around for something that could help me open it.

A key.

A key that can fit through the heart-shaped hole.

I look in between the bush, along the fence, in the dirt, but I have no luck.

I put my ear against the door. Maybe if I hear something, it could give me clue as to what is in there.

There is a slight knocking sound and I could hear birds chirping. There is also something else that I can't quite decipher. It's sort of like running water.

Hmm...what could be behind this fence?

"MAKAYLA!" I hear someone call from inside the house.

Shoot.

I make sure the bush is covering everything before running into the house.

"Hey, you got something in the mail. It says important so I thought I would give it to you as soon as possible," Lily hands me a white envelope. The word 'IMPORTANT' is stamped on the front.

"Thanks." I grab it from her and rush to my room.

Then, I put my gummy bears and ukulele away and decide to go back to the mysterious door later.

There is no return address on the envelope. It just has my name, address, and the word important on it. When opening it, a piece of paper falls out. I unfold it, already guessing what it is.

And I'm right...it's another one.

~*~*

A/N: ☆I'm giving out shoutouts to people who comment and vote on this chapter. I will choose two for this chapter.

So if you want a shoutout, just comment anything you want AND vote

vOTE! cOMMENT! sHARE! <3