Chapter 4: Gringotts, the Realization and Diagon Alley

Summary: Harry Potter, in one world is reckless golden boy of Gryffindor. In this world Harry, now Harriet is a soft spoken girl, that chooses to fight for her own wants after she is willingly taken away from the Dursleys. Many thing will bend to her way, but at the same time the cursed Potter luck will follow, causing unsavory problems as she makes her way through Hogwarts.

This is a fem-harry fanfiction where instead of being place in Gryffindor she is placed into Huffulpuff. Dumbledore bashing, no golden trio (just acquaintance with Ron and Hermione) and mutual friendship with Draco.

'Thinking'

Flashback

Letters/Text

Enjoy~

Chapter 4: Gringotts, the Realization and Diagon Alley

Following Hagrid through London was an ok experience since it was her first time going through London, that and the fact that occasionally people would stop at stare in their direction. Sighing Harriet quickly pinched her thigh; ‘fake it till you make it’ she reminded herself as they stopped before the Leaky Cauldron.

She couldn’t keep up that thought as the moment after Hagrid greeted the bartender Tom, it became a horrible nightmare. But the only difference is that this nightmare was reality. Apparently her name was a trigger word as after her name was said the people surrounding them suddenly sprung to life and kept trying to grab her, to have her attention and forcefully shake her hands. It was utterly terrifying and it nearly sent her into a full blown panic attack. Lucky Hagrid somewhat noticed and parted the crowding people to enter through the hidden entrance for Diagon alley.

Once inside Diagon alley Harriet stayed close by gripping onto Hagrid’s coat, (not that he mind, he just found it adorable). Once she calmed down a bit she finally lifted her head and was in awe of everything around, her gaze flickering taking in all of the stores, people around and the magic.

Her gut bubbled.

Could she, was… if this was real then could she call this place ho- No. this was probably just a dream, a hallucination she created. There's no way she could ever get away from the Dursleys, no matter how much she wanted get away from them. It’s only a matter of time that she’d wake up in her cramped cupboard. After all it wasn’t the first time she’s ever dreamed a dream like this.

… But then again, one can only dream, and it never hurts too.

***IWF***

Walking up the steps of a big white building that Hagrid introduced as Gringotts and that it was runned by the goblins, Harriet paused in front of an engraved sign.

Enter, stranger, but take heed

Of what awaits the sin of greed,

For those who take, but do not earn,

Must pay dearly in their turn,

So if you seek beneath our floors

A treasure that was never yours,

Thief, you have been warned, beware

Of finding more than treasure there.

Harriet shivered after she read it. She could feel that it wasn’t just a warning.  It was a promise.

Entering the building Harriet’s jaw nearly dropped upon at how beautiful, no amazing, the interior was. Being guided by Hagrid, Harriet felt her ears burn in embarrassment as she hears some chuckles coming from behind her. While observing the people and the goblins around, she found it a bit odd as to why the tables were so tall but just dismissed it, it wasn’t like it was hurting anyone and who was she to judge the culture of her dream world’s bank.