Chapter Two

~Ash's POV

I stand looking into the mirror, a towel wrapped around me and my hair still damp from the warm water. The towel was uncomfortably short, reaching from just above my breasts to an inch or less above my knee. With a sigh, I open the bathroom door and step out into the corridor. The apartment seems eerily quite. "Scott?!" I call out. "In here!" His voice drifts through a closed door on my left. I hesitate with my hand on the door knob before shaking my head and entering. Scott finishes spreading out a dark purple duvet over a king sized bed in a fairly plain room. The only other things in here are a wardrobe, mirror, nightstand and a small vase of flowers resting on the windowsill.

Scott eyes me carefully before standing up and taking my hand. I stiffen as he pulls me closer to him. I can smell the reek of beer on his breath and start shivering.

"Scott... What are you-" I cut short as he starts slowly kissing my neck.

"Scott, please don't..." I whisper. Scott's touch burns my skin.

He doesn't listen, instead, he forces me onto the bed and pins my arms above my head with one hand. He moves his free hand down and starts gently stroking my legs. I kick out, on the verge of tears.

"Scott, stop it! You're drunk!! Leave me alone!" I slip one of my hands from under his grasp and slap him.

He freezes, and so do I. He moves away and turns around. I sit up and look at the floor. "I-I'm sorry..." I whisper, tears starting to force their way down my cheeks.

Scott doesn't look back at me as he walks out without a word. I lie down and sob into one of the pillows. For a second, he reminded me so much of my ex... It was unbearable. After what James had done to me, I was never able to cope with the thought of being in love ever again. To have someone so close to me again... I don't want to face the same pain again...