Chapter Five

~Ash's POV

Me and Scott stayed at the park for a while, it was enjoyable, and we acted like children, and let time fly by. Even now as the sun set, Scott's arms were wrapped around my waist and he swung us gently on the swing.

"We should get going...." I mutter into his shoulder. He sighs and nods, standing up and swinging me around before putting me down. I giggle and wrap his hand in mine. Warm. Safe. Real.

"Aren't you going on tour in a few days?" I ask, keeping his stride and pulling my cardigan closer around me. The wind still manages to bite through and send chills down my spine.

"Postponed," He shakes his head, "Kirstie caught on a virus and has a really bad throat she can barely speak. I guess it can't be helped." I nod and look down at my feet.

We pass by the Blue Phoenix and Scott grins, "Remember?" He asks.

I nod and smile genuinely. He stopped and pulled me around to face him. In a sudden, my heart was pounding against his chest.

"I'd love to go out again sometime. Just you and me" Scott says.

I frown, "Isn't that what we've just spent the day doing?" He shakes his head and places his forehead against mine.

"No, More romantic." Three simple words that sent my heart into a sprint.

"So a-a date?" I ask, clutching Scott's sweater to hide my trembling hands.

"Yeah. Only if you're up for it." He replies.

"Um, sure." I smile.

"Now let's get home, its getting kinda late and I can tell your getting cold." Scott whispers.

We walk back to Scott's apartment, hand in hand again, swinging our arms backward and forward. The walk is silent but enjoyable I guess. It gives me the time to think of what's gonna happen on the date, what I'm going to wear, obviously gonna need the help of the expert (Lola) and what's going to turn out from mine and Scott's friendship.

"When exactly are we going on this date?" I ask, curiously.

"Tomorrow at 7. I'll drop you off at yours earlier so you can get ready and I'll get Lola to come keep an eye on you. Then I'll pick you up again. Okay?" Scott replies.

"Okay." I smile.

We reach Scott's apartment and he unlocks the door, letting me in first. I have to admit he's such a gentleman. That just brings the question into mind; 'why doesn't he have a girlfriend??'

We decide on eating something sweet since we've not eaten all day.

"Let's make brownies!" Scott exclaims.

"No, cupcakes!" I argue back.

"Brownies!"

"Cupcakes!"

"Brownies!"

"Cupcakes!!"

"Brownies!"

"Grr. Brownies in cupcakes cases." I suggest.

"Agreed." He says.

Scott takes out all the necessary ingredients an we start baking, which halfway through the process of it, turns into a big food fight. Scott has a lot of cocoa powder in his hair, so much so he is almost a brunette.

"You have something on your face."

"What? Where?" I ask, searching my face with my dirty hand.

"Oh wait, it's just beauty."

"Ew. Get it off!!" I scream.

We make the cupcake brownies, then eat them. After watching some dumb tv show we fall asleep on the couch.