Ch. 14 Walking On Sunshine

"Nadz, you ready?"

"Yeah." I slowly walk downstairs trying not to trip with this big boot on. Man, I cannot wait till the doctor takes it off! Zayn being such a gentlemen, opens the front door for me and locks it. He helps me get into his Bentley Continental GT. Don't ask how I know this. I put my seatbelt on and say, "Nice ride."

"I know. She is my baby. She is fast and smooth."

"Just drive." I turn up the radio and what do you know, "Kiss You" comes on. This should be interesting. Zayn starts singing and looking at me with his pretty brown eyes when the chorus comes on. I can't help but laugh, he is so cute. Nadia, focus. Just friends, remember?

Finally we arrive at the doctor's office and Zayn signs me in and within a few minutes I get called in. My heart is pounding. I cannot believe I am finally getting my cast off. The doctor takes off the cast and I release a "Yay." I cover my mouth because I think I was a little too loud. Woops. The doctor tells me that I am clear to go and just to be careful in the future. I exit the doctor's office and yell, "I am free!"

Zayn laughs then says, "Now that you are clear to go do you mind if I take you sightseeing?"

"Be my guest!" I turn on the radio and open my window and start singing to the song that comes on. "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves.

Oh! Ohhhh yeeeh

I used to think maybe you loved me now baby I'm sure

And I just can't wait till the day when you knock on my door

Now everytime I go for the mailbox, gotta hold myself down

Cos I just wait till you write me your coming around

I'm walking on sunshine , wooah

I'm walking on sunshine, woooah

and don't it feel good!!

"Nadz, I have to admit, you aren't that bad."

"Thanks...so where are we going??"

"I thought it would be nice to have some fun today and enjoy the sunshine. Are you okay with going to the park?

"Okay, sure! What do you have in mind of doing?"

He says, "It's a surprise."

Hmmm, I wonder what the surprise is. We finally reach the park and he runs to the other side to open my door. I step out and he comes from behind me and puts his hands over my eyes.

"Don't peek, just walk straight."

"Okay, okay." 

We finally come to a stop and he tells me to open my eyes. It was a big grassy area with huge tree and a small playground a few feet away.

"I hope you don't mind, I know it's kind of childish but I thought we could run around like old times."

"No, I like it. I miss running around and acting like a kid again." I smile.

Zayn starts to walk a little ahead of me.

"Wait, where are you going?" I yell.

"How about a little game of hide and seek? Count to 30!"

"Haha, thanks for the heads-up but okay!"

I go near the tree and close my eyes and count to 30.

"28,29, 30...Ready or not here I come!"

I run to the playground area and start searching for him. I check the slide area and the swing area but he isn't there. I look around where could he be... I hear footsteps in the distance, I think I see him. I run towards the monkey bars and what do you know he is sitting on top of it. Wow if I only looked up before then.

"Found you! I tag him and I shake the pole and he almost loses his balance and falls backwards, but he caught onto the money bars.

"And it only took you about 4 minutes to find me!" He says with a laugh.

"Hey, if it weren't for all of these kids running around I probably would have found you sooner."

"Sureee you would have. Let go on the swings!"

We race each other and he gets there first and sits down.

"Push meee!" He says.

"Are you kidding me?! You're too heavy!"

"Oh stop complaining Nadia, just try."

We spend about another hour at the playground then we start to walk back to the big tree.

He picks up a stick and says, "I wanna show you something."

Zayn starts to carve something into the tree. When he finally finishes he takes a step back to show me. It says N & Z in cursive letters and a heart around it. Is this what I think it means?

"Awww, Zayn it's really sweet of you."

"I just want you to know that I am so happy we are best friends again and that you are here for me when I need you most."

The word 'friend' kills me but then again I have to support him and help him with his breakup problems. I smile and we decide to sit underneath the tree for a while. We talk about everything. Zayn puts his arm around me and I lean my head against his shoulder. All I can do right now is enjoy my moments with him. Thank god there is no paparazzi around, or at least I hope not. It starts to get late and we decide to walk back to the car so he can drop me off at my place.  

This has just about been the best day of my life.

 __________________

It was about time we updated it right?!? We hope you haven't given up on this story yet because the story line is about to get really good!! We have a lot in store for you guys. We both have been super busy with school but we are going to try to update as much as we can now.

Help us get to over 1000 reads!

New chapter update coming shortly...! :) xx Thanks! -Riana, Co-writer