Together As A Family

The end of term came rather slowly. The saying was 'time goes fast when you're having fun' and that was the reason time moved slower than ever. Between worrying about when I'd be summoned to raising the children almost alone, it was difficult.

I was packing for our summer at Severus' while Molly was occupying the children when she asked, "how are you and Severus?"

It kind of threw me off, as it was off topic from talking about the kids, "despite his work overload, we've been good. I get up with the children so he can rest, and he works hard to keep us, and Hogwarts, safe. To be honest, I feel frustrated that he can't enjoy his family, but I know he tries and it will be a battle to help him forgive himself when this is over." I looked at his suitcase and felt my heart swell with sadness.

"I'm sure the summer at home will help relieve some of his stress." Molly reassured.

"I sure hope so." I said as a bang came at the door. I flicked it open with my wand and saw a panicked Argus, "what's wrong?"

"T-the Headmaster... He's-"

"No..." My heart dropped as I darted out to find Severus, irresponsibly leaving Molly with the kids.

I rushed to the courtyard where I heard the commotion to see Dumbledore on the ground; dead. I, then, saw Harry Potter get up and run toward Hagrid's. I had a feeling I needed to follow him, and I was right. When I finally caught up, I witnessed Harry fly backward and Severus stalk off to the forbidden forest. I ran up to him, but realized I shouldn't have startled him as he grabbed my throat and slammed me up against a tree. The second he noticed it was me, he let go and clung to me tightly.

"I'm so-"

I quickly dismissed his unneeded apology, "how are you holding up, my Love? I can't imagine what you must be feeling." I held his body tight against mine, hoping to comfort him the best I could.

Before he could reply, we both tensed as the pain from the dark mark shot up our arms. Instead, he questioned, "the children?"

"Molly." I replied as he apparated with his arm glued around my waist.

"What a lovely sight to see, Severus." Voldemort amused at our relationship while Severus tightened his grip on me. My fear set in as my nightmare of him dying played over and over.

"We can assure you that our allegiance to you is top priority." Severus played his words well.

"I know perfectly well you will do what you need to to keep your children safe." He walked into the conference room as I felt a heart attack coming on. Severus sensed this and cupped my shaking head in his steady hands, "shh, Darling. He won't harm them."

I stared deep into his eyes as my heart calmed down. He kissed me when Bellatrix growled as she walked past. He scowled at her and grabbed my hand to lead me to our seats.

"Finally, the old fool is gone!" Voldemort exclaimed as everyone cheered, "however, there seemed to be confusion on what I ordered," he turned to Draco.

I looked as he stared into his lap with fear. Before it even happened, I knew what was coming. Voldemort sent the cruciatus curse at Draco and held it for what seemed like forever, Draco's screaming filling the room. I cringed and tightened my eyes shut as Severus clenched my hand.

I hated Draco, but I couldn't bare him being tortured any longer, "my Lord."

"You dare interrupt?" He flung the curse at me, now, forcing me to the ground writhing in pain. Instinctively, much to my regret, Severus stood up.

"Severus! Maybe your claim of allegiance to me may not be as true as you hoped?"

"I assure you, my Lord, you will always remain first." He quickly replied.