The pain of regret

It had been months since Greyson followed Melissa on Twitter. Of course she couldn't move on, she wasn't going to! Finally, like finally. The Greyson Chance she had loved all her life finally noticed her! It was like a dream came true.

   The direct message box was flooded with messages from Melissa. He would never reply me, wouldn't he? But Melissa was still feeling lucky because at least he noticed her and clicked the follow button that she thought he would never hit. This may sound desperate but she even left her phone number in his DM hoping that he would call her, someday. Dreaming big, wasn't she?

Melissa kept on annoying Greyson every single minute though she knew he hates spams but you know what basically fangirls would do when something like this happened. You couldn't blame her.

   The day had come when Melissa was finally going to see Greyson performing live. She was going alone but that didn't bother her, not even a bit because her excitement had overflowed in her body.

When Melissa was all ready to leave the house, she looked for her mother to inform her that she was leaving. Melissa entered the kitchen but there was no sign of Mrs Anderson.

"Mom! Mom? Where are you?" Melissa called out but no response.

She decided to check in the bedroom, it would be the last place she thought her mother would be because Mrs Anderson rarely naps during the day but it was the only place Melissa hadn't checked yet. She slowly pushed the door that was already half opened.

"Mom?" Mrs Anderson was laying in the bed, body facing the other side so Melissa could not tell whether her mother was sleeping or awake. Melissa walked closer to the bed.

Mrs Anderson slowly turned her body now facing her daughter. She looked pale.

"Mom, you okay? You look sick."

"I'm okay. Just tired, is all." It had been a long time since the last time Melissa saw her mother looking like this. "You're leaving?" Mrs Anderson asked.

"Yeah, I looked for you in the kitchen to inform you but you're here."

Mrs Anderson smiled and said, "I just want to take a nap for a while. You better go now, it's almost time. Good luck seeing the love of your life." She winked before continued again.

"You two will make a great couple."

"Mom, are you sure you're okay? Is this really you?"

Mrs Anderson never said something like that especially if it was about Greyson Chance. She would always say something as her attempts to make her daughter stop fangirling. Melissa never took it to heart because their relationship was like a friend to friend, they annoyed each other a lot because they loved each other so much.

   Mrs Anderson chuckled weakly. "Why? I'm trying to be nice here. You should be thankful now that I approve him in our family."

   It was the best thing Melissa had ever heard coming from her mother. But still she had this weird feeling inside, guess she should just shrug it off.

   Melissa laughed shyly. "That's sweet of you to say that but you sound like I'm gonna marry him, mom. I gotta go now. Call me if anything. I love you, bye!" She said after giving a hug and a kiss on her mother's forehead. Then, she left the house for the show.