:Chapter 24:

:Dalton:

Swimming had been good in the end. Isabella had gotten only in the hot tub before getting out and laying on the chair in a towel. 'It's better than her laying on the chair the entire time then Isabella not going in the hot tub.' It was.

But now I was on my way back to the my room to go lay down for a bit. My head was on overrun right now. The Gathering was approaching, I'd be in college here soon and a whole bunch of other things would be happening. I was overwhelmed. 

I rarely got overwhelmed but it was happening today. 'So we are just gonna lay down and relax. Nothing too bad or simple.' Soon the room had pulled into view and I took out my key card and slid it through and went into my room.

I put out a towel on the bed after rubbing myself dry besides my pants and got up on the bed. With a small shiver I put my blanket over me which I brought with me. I rarely left one of my blankets behind when I went somewhere especially hotels.

Hotels tended to be cold for some weird reason. But I didn't like hotel comforters. 'I don't like them either, but our blanket is just magnificent.' That it was. I ignored that though as I pushed myself more into the bed. A nap wouldn't hurt me. With that I let myself drift off to sleep.
**************
I woke up to someone shaking me awake. For a moment I got ready to chastise Andrew or Nico but looked directly into Isabella's bright blue cobalt eyes. "Hi." I said awkwardly. Isabella nodded. "What are you doing here?" I asked curiously tilting my head to the side.

"Rodney bought a whole bunch of Chinese food for dinner. He said Derik, Enyr, Lucas and I could eat some if I woke you up." Isabella said blankly. 'That was a weird deal.' 'I know they act like as if I am a tsunami when they wake me up.'

"Ok what kind of Chinese is there?" I asked. "I don't know just get up and get dressed." Isabella said. "Fine." I mumbled. I needed a shower but I doubt Isabella would let me waste that much time. 'She can be quite mean if you don't follow what she says. Which makes her the perfect Luna.'

Yes go straight to the Luna Ash. We weren't even Alpha yet. 'We will be. Dad is just letting us have freedom he never got to have. We should be thankful.' Oh I was thankful for that. Our grandparents were very stuck in their ways and by the book for the pack.

But the only reason I wasn't alpha was because of my mother. She taught my dad things from her pack and how they waited for the children to mature before letting them become alpha. It made them more mature and less hormonal and things like that.

Mom said it gave them chances to be with their mates which would calm their wolf. It gave them a chance to learn and things like that. 'Grandma wasn't happy about that but she isn't the Luna anymore so she has no say in things like that at all.'

But I believed Black Crescent Moon had a good future ahead of them. Our Luna now as a very powerful Whitewolf and eventually the next Luna will be a hunter and Satan's Vessel. The pack is simply evolving to a level of power. Sorta like how Red Claws was evolving to a more powerful state.

It didn't take long for rumors to spread about Red Claws return. And the possibility of a human Luna. 'I wonder if she still had lung cancer?' 'He never called back to say it failed so I assume it succeeded.' I had gotten into the bathroom and put on some basketball shorts and a tank-top.

Nothing fancy as I hadn't taken a shower just yet. Isabella was actually waiting patiently in the more living room side to my hotel room. The hotel rooms were nice. A nice king sized bed with books lining the walls then basic table and fridge.

This was by far my favorite hotel. 'I think it's Isabella's favorite too.' Glancing over at Isabella I smiled. She was looking at the bookshelf with a small smile on her face. She seemed happy and at ease which she wasn't. Well at ease. Certain things got her happy.

But Isabella was probably fresh out the shower. Her hair was damp and she smelled of fruity shampoo and some flowers body wash. Sorta fruit like too the body wash. But it smelt good. But not as good as her natural pumpkin and cinnamon scent. I had always liked spices but Isabella make it way better with her scent.

"Ok come on." Isabella said before walking out. 'She looks nice again.' Isabella wore Harley Quinn shorts, that were like basket ball but shorter and read Harley Quinn on her butt. Then she wore a tank-top with some slip on's. Almost on cue Maryse came trotting out after Isabella.

"Maryse conquered your heart." I mentioned. "Yeah. Hellhounds and hellions make great companions. They tend to agree with anything you say even if your at fault." Isabella said as she rubbed Maryse's head. "They do?" I asked. "Yeah unless it comes to a love life. Magenta is just ugh." Isabella said.

"What about Ferrell?" I asked. Her green colored male hellion. I wasn't jealous of him. 'No duh, he has a child with Magenta and the two are mated to each other.' "He just nods his head at both of us when we argue about my love life. Too scared to get between." Isabella stated.

"What about Maryse?" I asked. "Maryse can't talk. She's just a hellhound. Not a shape shifting one." Isabella said. "There's different types of hellhounds?" I asked. "Dalton there are so many types of hellhounds. They are the main breed of the hounds of hell." Isabella said. "Explain."

"Hellhounds are in lots of mythology. Norse mythology and Greek mythology the most. In Norse Mythology the goddess Hel has a hellhound who guards the gate of Hel. In Greek mythology there is Cerberus the guardian of hell. He exists actually. Met him. If you offer him treats he's your friend for life. But they have many jobs. The most commons is hellhounds dragging souls to hell and guarding the entrances and exits of hell and the pits of hell where the damned lie. There are a few church grim hellhounds. They guard their church and kill people who steal. Then there are ones who are the guardians of the supernatural. Their job is to guard the supernatural and keep their secrets secret. Then there are ones like Maryse who protect woman and children usually ones in capable of defending their selves."

I looked at Maryse. 'Well Maryse is quite something and hellhounds are too. They seem to be a cool species actually.' "That's a reason why Maryse likes Isadora. She is young and female also can't defend herself." Isabella said. I nodded before scratching Maryse's ear. Maryse leaned into my hand enjoying being scratched.

"Ok come on now. I am hungry." Isabella said before hurrying down. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Your parents rented out this big room for the dinner claiming it to be a social event so that's where the food is." Isabella said. "Don't we have to get your brothers, Lucas and Derik?" I asked.

"They are down there now pick up the pace." Isabella said. 'Never did I think Isabella will be the one telling us that.' With that I sped up after Isabella who grinned as we got in the elevator and went downstairs. Maryse stared at the elevator in amazement before baring her teeth at the buttons as they glowed.

She nearly jumped like five feet in the air when the door opened. But then we were off again until we hit the room where everyone us. "Come on Maryse. Don't worry I'll share." Isabella said. Then we went in.

1340. So my goal is to get this book finished before October or early October to have a good schedule again. College will start up next book. The reason I want to finish this book so I can have a college Halloween party. And yes Maryse goes with Isabella. Until next time college mini marshmallows.

 Until next time college mini marshmallows