Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Harrys P.O.V

Man this interview is dragging out! They always ask the same questions. How did you feel when they put you in a band? What was it like on the X-Factor? When’s the album being released? Blah blah blah. Normally, I find the interviews quite fun, but right now, all I want to do is get back to Emily.

I don’t even know what it is about her, I just feel like there’s this invisible string that is pulling me towards her. Every move she makes captivates me. She’s just so…

“HARRY!” I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt someone punch me on the shoulder. Shaking my head, I looked around to see everyone staring at me.

“What?” I asked, trying to appear innocent. The boys all gave me ‘the look’, raising their eyebrows at me. Damn, guess the innocent look didn’t work.

“Harry did you even hear the question?”

“Umm, no?”

I heard the interviewer tut. “It’s a good thing that this is a pre-recorded interview!” She sighed.

“Sorry.” I muttered, looking down at my lap.

“Hmm, yes. Oh well, I’ll ask you again. We’re talking about whether you have girlfriends or not, okay?” My eyes shot up, and I gave a weak nod. Emily was suddenly clouding my thoughts again at the word ‘girlfriend’. Shit, no, go away!

“And what about you Harry?”

“Single.” I tried to make it sound casual, but instead it came out as a really high pitched squeak. I felt my face heat up with embarrassment, and could feel Lou’s gaze burning into my skin. I chose to ignore him, however, and moved my eyes back down to my lap.

For the rest of the interview, I kept my concentration levels up to the max so I didn’t slip up again. But in the back of my mind, I was counting down until it would end and I could see Emily again.

“And so I’m afraid that’s all we have time for today!” Just hearing that sentence caused the biggest smile to spread across my face. However, I quickly ducked my head, so I didn’t appear rude.

“Thank you for coming in to talk to us today boys.”

“Thank you.” Liam smiled. “It’s been an absolute pleasure to be here!” I looked over at Niall, and grinned as he rolled his eyes at me. Liam is always overly polite.  We all said our goodbyes, and the interviewer leant back in her chair, and clapped her hands together.

“Well, that’s that boys. Well done!” She smiled round at us all. “You can go now.” FINALLY! I leapt up from my chair and practically ran at the door and out into the corridor. I then remembered that I didn’t know how to get back, so had to wait for the boys and Paul to come out.

Why are they taking so long? I hopped from foot to foot impatiently. Come on, come on, come on!! They finally emerged out the room.

“Someone’s eager to get back,” Zayn winked, giving me a playful punch on the arm.

“Oh shut up!” But I smiled anyway, knowing it was true. We walked through the maze of corridors, and they seemed to go on forever, until I recognised one of them. We must be close. I eagerly turned the corner, knowing that Em was right around it. However, as soon as I rounded the corner, my smile immediately dropped.

Her head was tilted back, and beautiful laughter was spilling out of her mouth. My stomach filled with butterflies as I watched her, but as soon as my eyes travelled to the person next to her, the butterflies dropped to the pit of my stomach, as though they had been shot.