Now or Never

Dedicated to @cfe6014 / @Cfe6012 for the encouragment- Thanks alot :) :) :) :) :) :)

Selenas POV

It was now 11:30 and everyone was at their stations ready to flee to the forest once the now patrolling guards left to get their replacements. In all honesty I can not see why the guards leave to get their replacements instead of the replacements coming to relieve them of their duty. First of all it would go down a lot quicker and there wouldn't be about 5 whole sections of unguarded territory just asking to be treaded over by the wrong people. But hey im not complaining, in fact im embracing their stupidity.

  The remaining thirty minutes seemed to fly by faster that thirty seconds, which I blame full heartedly on the jumble of nerves gathering in my stomach. Any ways just as the clock stroked 12:00 I saw the same group of 10 men walk by in a light hearted conversation not even suspecting us girls' naughty plan for the future. As soon as they had rounded the corner to each section, disappearing from sight of each group, I saw small groups huddled closely together make a bee-line for the woods. Soon it was my groups and my time to race the clock as we dashed across the open fields toward the thick greenery.

   Just as we were about to enter the forest I saw the light  that my eyes alone were trained to see, unless if you knew what you were looking for, blink up at the sky twice. Quickly I gave Jasmine, who was beside me, brief instructions on where to go as I sprinted away in the general direction of the light.

    When I got to where the group that lost a member had departed, I immediately noticed the guards already patrolling the area and thanked the heavens that the groups had all made it to the forest with the exception of one girl, which im positive I can take care of easily enough. Just as I was going to slip past the guards and into the outside hallway, I noticed another light flash up at the sky but just my luck it flashed three times before disappearing from sight, I paused to see if the light would blink again. It did, another three times, stopped,  and then blinked five times.

      Well this night was certainly not going as planned. Hurriedly, I slipped past the guards as fast as I could giving  silent thanks to the age old building, which held many shaded corners big enough for me to hide in. Once I got inside the building I took of in a silent sprint around the building looking for the girl left behind.

   Soon I heard sniveling sobs and turned to the girls restroom right next to me and entered but as soon as I stepped across the entrance I heard the crying stop, well at least whoever they were emanating from tried to muffle them. I walked to the last stall in the row and tried to gently push open the shiny golden stall door, but, go-figures, it was locked. I nocked softly on the door and heard and heard a soft gasp that was cut short.

  "Who is it?" Asked a timid, raspy voice. Most likely due to all the crying.

   Even though I really didn't want whoever this person was to know my name I had a feeling this was the missing girl.

"Selena, whats yours?" I asked in the a kind voice and hopefully she got the gist that I was here to help her, not harm her.

  "Georgia" Came the small voice.

"Well, Georgia, are you one of the girls from the rooms?" I questioned and when there wasn't an immediate answer I spoke again. "Its all right, im from one of those rooms also." I said hoping to gain her trust, or at least enough of it to come out of the stall, from that simple statement.