Slowly Burning

Dany was enraged. Who was this man to think he was better than her, she was the rightful ruler of the seven kingdoms and he would have to bend the knee.

She looked out at the sky as Drogon and his brothers were circling the castle. Even in times of war her children brought her happiness. She heard the tiny footprints of lord Tyrion coming towards her but didn't turn around.

"I've always had a fascination with them,dragons, they make the world seem so much bigger. To command such power and respect and have the world at your feet is more than I've ever imagined" Tyrion said.

"I have a feeling you didn't come to talk about my dragons, lord Tyrion" Dany said. Tyrion smiled his queen never stopped surprising him. She was the embodiment of fire.

"Your grace,we need alliances if we are going to beat cersei, I know these 'dead' he talks about seem right from the pages of a children's fairy tale....." Tyrion was cut off. "What is your point my lord. You don't expect yo leave everything behind and march off to the north just because of a strange man's word, especially a man who seems to be in open rebellion" Daenerys said with more venom in her voice than she'd wished.

"Your grace he talks of dragon glass, something you have no need for. Let's give him something while giving him nothing. By giving him the glass he will see that you are willing to compromise and you won't lose anything of value to you." Tyrion knew that he had convinced her. There was a silent approval of what he said. Words weren't needed.

Jon was on edge of a cliff sulking, the queen had taken away his ship he couldn't help but feel he was a prisoner on this island.

"My ancestors were born here,I was born here. I know that my family has the history of madness but I plan to be different,I plan to break the wheel". The voice that said these words was one he'd only known briefly but that made him weak at the knees. The voice of Daenerys Targaryen. She stood beside him and looked at the beach.

" My father was an evil man I acknowledge that and my brother.....he was.... Viserys was.." Jon notice that the topic of her brother was a little sore,he hated that he didn't like seeing her sad. "The threat of the dead is real your grace and he need to prepare. The night king will spare no one,he can't be reasoned with". Jon turned to face her,their eyes met and in that moment he wanted to kiss her, to hold her in his arms and feel her skin.

"I will let you mine the dragon glass and I will provide all the men you need" when Daenerys said that Jon eyes gave away a bit of his emotions. The look in Jon's eyes was a mixture of gratitude and something else and she had to fight back a smile.

"Do you believe me then your grace" he hoped had finally believed him it made him anxious as he shifted his weight from one foot to another.

"I suggest you get to work ,lord snow" with those words his excitement completely dropped and he walked away. He kept on asking himself why he felt a need to prove himself to her. The need he felt was far more than the desire for a military alliance.

Daenerys POV

"Your grace have you received news from the unsullied" Missandei asked me and I knew she was worried about grey worm.

"He will come back to you,there's no need to worry." I tried to reassure her but I could see the look on her face and she knew she had been caught. "What happened between you" I asked with a cheeky grin.

"Many things your grace" she said with a slight hint of a blush. "Many things ,I would have to ask you about all those many things" I said while raising an eyebrow. I was about to continue asking her when Jon Snow asked to talk.

He led me to a cave and I asked Missandei and my dothraki bloodriders to stay outside.

"I wanted to show you before we hacked it up" he said. I looked around me and saw crystals of dragon glass hanging all over the cave. Some from the ceiling,the walls and the base of the cave. The way the light,though minimal reflected off the glass was a sight to behold.