The lion's bow

Cersei's POV

The war raged on just outside the walls that were supposed to protect me. If the night kings army was able to kill a dragon, I probably had an ice thin chance of survival. Dragons are supposed to be the strongest creatures in the known world, who knew it took an army of a thousand or so undead warriors to kill them.

Knowing that the death of one of the overgrown lizards most likely brought Daenerys Targaryen pain, made me at least feel even the tiniest bit of pleasure. Unfortunately the pleasure would be short lived if I didn't find a way to stay alive.

In a world were the dead live and control fire breathing creatures, no man's safety is guaranteed. Its a good thing I'm no man. I'm a woman, one with an  strong affinity for winning.

Men fought outside the walls of kings landing, swords are being drawn and blood is being shed. The grim thought of thousands upon thousands of the dead lifeless bodies of the living and the undead ran through my mind. The image almost made me cringe, almost. By now I've come to know that death is merely a price for power,a price for the iron throne. However used one can get, the unpleasing nature of death never stops to give a stomach tightening feeling.

Luckily in my case the feeling was almost non existent.

"Your grace, the undead are closing in on us. More and more of our men are dying." My most trusted advisor who apparently thought I was blind to what was happening in my own kingdom said.

"Really I hadn't noticed" I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry your grace, I was just trying to.."

I cut him off.

"You were just truing to tell me what I already know. Don't take me for a fool, I am aware of everything that is happening and its best to wait it out".

I will win this war at any cost, the lives of the men lost in battle will not go in vain. Those lives will ensure the continued reign of their queen.

"Wait it out?...I don't think the men laying the lives on the line out there would agree with that notion of 'waiting it out' " doubt and contempt lined his voice.

"You sound awfully caring for a venomous snake, my lord. Don't pretend like you haven't played a hand in a few hundred deaths." I turned to look at him and he smiled.

"Of course not....I was simply leaving a suggestion. Word has it the dragon queen wants to battle the night king alongside her men. It seems the people would expect the same of their queen".

The silver haired bitch is an even bigger idiot than I thought. What gain would she get from putting herself at risk and leaving her lands vulnerable, I didn't think she would have made it this easy.

"Let the night king get rid of her, her two remaining dragons and her bastard slave. If we're lucky the dragon that's now under the possession of the undead will rain fire on the dothraki and the unsullied."

"Hmmm don't u think you're letting your imagination run a little wild. That Targaryen girl has done many wondrous things, she may be able to pull out a win from right under...." He said and I immediately cut him off.

"I already know what she's capable of and the right thing is to leave the inbred whore to her adventures while we wait this war out. The remaining people will need a queen and I will be their ruler, their only ruler and queen."

_______________________________________________________________

The night king's army prevailed over the human soldiers. Bodies of the undead and the formerly living lying everywhere, yet numbers of the undead seemed to increase against human forces.