Chapter 1 -- The Beginning

***********************************Marinette's POV*************************************

"Good morning, Adrien." Marinette mumbled to no one in particular. She turned the timer off her phone and sat up, rubbing the grogginess away. Last night's dream had been the usual: saving Paris and saving her crush from being obliterated. Most of the dreams ended in a kiss.

Marinette got out of her bed and walked downstairs in her pajamas. "Good morning, Mari!" Her mom greeted Marinette with a welcome hug. "Your father is already downstairs in the bakery. Why don't you go and join him for a bit before school?"

"I can't. I'm meeting Alya before school to study." Marinette said, dishing herself a bowl of cereal.

"Okay, then." Marinette's mom said. "You had hurry and get ready for that. You've only got about fifteen minutes before school starts."

"What?!" Marinette gasped. "Fifteen minutes? I was supposed to be there an hour ago! Ugh!" She hopped down from her stool and dashed back upstairs into her room. Hastily putting on her usual outfit, she booked it downstairs again and out of the bakery, saying goodbye to her father on the way out.

Luckily for her, the school was just across the street from Marinette's house. She ran across the street, narrowly missing a car, and jumped up the school stairs, slamming the doors open. Cramps in her side, she made her way up to the library where Alya was waiting.

"There you are girl. I was wondering where you were." Alya grinned.

"Sorry, I slept in." Marinette gasped, desperately trying to catch her breath.

"Again? At least today you'll get to class on time."

Marinette laughed. "For once." They giggled together and opened the book in front of them and began to study when Alya shouted, "Oh! I almost forgot!"

She reached into her bag and pulled out her phone. She unlocked it and shoved it into Marinette's face. "Look what I got! Exclusive coverage of Ladybug fighting a villain with Chat Noir. With so much damage done to the city with this last attack, no one dared go into the crime scene except me. And now look!"

Marinette smile in spite of herself. No one knew she was Ladybug, not even her best friend. Only Master Fu who had given her a miraculous in the first place knew.

She watched herself fight alongside Chat Noir, her "partner-in-crime." Yesterday, an akuma showed up out of nowhere, like usual, and threatened the destruction of Paris. Nothing new and like always, her and Chat Noir saved the city from destruction. It happened almost twice a week now. Marinette as Ladybug always cleaned up the city after every battle and things were returned to normal in a blink of an eye,

"So cool, huh?" Alya said, excited.

"Definitely." Marinette agreed.

"Okay, let's focus on the studying. We don't want you failing that science quiz again." Alya laughed.

Ten minutes later, the bell rang. Marinette jumped, causing a book to crash to the floor. Alya sighed and picked it up saying, "You're so clumsy, girl!" She put the book away on the shelf. "Come on, let's get to class."

Marinette picked up her bag and headed out of the library with Alya. On the way, she managed to catch a glimpse of him. The boy. The one who always took her breath away. He didn't know of course. Only Alya and the rest of the school.

"Are you going to tell him?" Alya whispered to Marinette.

"Hm, what?" Marinette mumbled back, too distracted by Adrien's dreamy looks.