Chapter 8 -- Shopping For The Ball

***************************************Nino's POV**************************************

"Come on, dude!" Nino pestered his best friend. "You have to go to the ball. There's no point in not going."

"Actually, there is. I have a very good reason in not going." Adrien huffed.

Nino sighed. "But I don't want to go by myself."

"Then why don't you ask someone to go with you?"

"I only will if you agree to come with, okay?"

"Okay, fine. But you have to ask Alya."

Nino blushed. "Alya, why Alya?"

Adrien shook his head and gave a little laugh. "Because you two are a thing, right?"

"I - I don't know what you're talking about." Nino folded his arms and put his nose in the air. The truth was, he did like Alya a little bit.

"Oh, come on!" Adrien laughed. "I know love when I see it." (Apparently not. He forgot about Marinette. You silly little boy, you don't know anything.)

"Okay, fine. But you have to ask Marinette." Nino answered, unfolding his arms.

"Marinette? Why Mari?" Adrien questioned. 

"Because then we could all go as best friends." Nino said. This was part of Alya's plan. She had told him that Marinette had a huge crush on Adrien and Nino suspected Adrien had a bit of feeling towards her too.

"Okay, I'll ask her." Adrien said and Nino pumped his fist.

"Sweetness!" he said. "Let's go shopping!"

***************************************Alya's POV**************************************

"Come on, Alya!" Marinette shouted, pulling Alya towards the nearest store. Honestly, Alya thought Mari was more excited about dress shopping for her friend than Alya was.

"Slow down, girl. I have to breathe, you know." Alya laughed, catching her breath as they entered the store. 

The shop had a section dedicated for formal attire, in which Marinette headed to immediately. 

"Hello, may I help you?" asked the lady at the front desk with a heavy Irish accent.

"Oh, we're just looking for a dress to wear to a dance." Alya answered, gesturing towards her bouncing friend.

"Ah, I see." the woman said. Alya read her tag which had the name 'Beth' on it. "Let's head over to this section, shall we not. Which lovely lady are we shopping for today?"

"Me." Alya said. "My friend has already made hers."

"In the process of making it." Marinette corrected.

Beth nodded and said, "So I see that you have skill in the clothing department?" 

Marinette blushed. "A bit, yeah. I want to be a fashion designer."

Beth nodded again and they found themselves in front of a rack of fancy dresses. Marinette was immediately distracted and was pulling them off at random. 

"Ooh, what about this one, Alya?"

"Too green." Alya said. 

"How about this one?" Marinette pulled a sleeveless purple one off the wire and held it up to her friend.

"It's too sparkly." Alya said. 

"I'll leave you two to your search." Beth said and she walked back to the front counter to help another customer who had just walked in.