Chapter 3 -- The Woman

**********************************Chat Noir's POV**************************************

Chat Noir loved this girl. No matter how stubborn, how flawed she was, he loved her. He had tried to tell her only she was always busy or always made an excuse for not hearing him out. But someday she'll understand. And maybe then, she'll love him too.

He saw no point in not trusting the newcomers. They seemed good enough. The only concern otherwise was Rena Rouge, and Chat didn't think that people could be akumatized twice.

He remembered the book he took from his dad. The book of superheroes. The book that magically disappeared after he took it. Both Rena and Queen B had been in it, but he couldn't tell Ladybug without risk of revealing his civilian form. He wouldn't mind of course, but it would be against his M'lady's wishes.

Him and Ladybug walked back up to the newcomers. "Queenie, Rena, welcome to the team." He said.

"You do know my name's Queen B, not Queenie." Queen Bee protested.

"I know but it's much easier to say." Chat Noir winked.

Ladybug groaned. "Now's not the time for flirting, Chat."

"Jealous, M'lady?" Chat put his arm around Ladybug. "Don't worry. My heart's still reserved for you, Bugaboo."

Ladybug sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that." She pushed Chat Noir's hand off.

"We need to find the source of the chaos. We need to get somewhere high to observe the damage." She said.

"How about the Eiffel Tower?" Queen B suggested.

The four took off towards the monument. Ladybug using her yo-yo, Chat extending his stick, Rena flying, and Queen B running, just a blur beneath the rest.

They made it quickly to the Eiffel Tower and climbed up to the top. Standing on the platform, they looked out over all of Paris.

"There!" Cried Rena. The others ran to her side and found what she had been pointing out.

One section of the city was clean. Orange beams of light shot out from the section quickly before disappearing. Then a couple of cars and rubble flew across the afternoon sky.

"Let's go!" Ladybug shouted. Chat jumped after her with no hesitation. He looked behind him to see if the other two were following behind. He glanced the newbies looking hesitantly at the other and jumping down after him and Ladybug.

They swung across Paris. Without stopping, they headed towards the orange lights. After about five minutes, they got there.

Peering around the buildings, Chat Noir observed the person. It was a woman with a flaming orange dress. Her hair was blonde and pulled into a side french braid. He didn't see what she looked like from the front, for her back was towards him.

"What do you see, Chat?" Ladybug asked.

"The victim is a woman. In her thirties, I'm guessing. She's shooting the lasers out of her hands." Chat Noir reported.

"Okay, you take high left, I'll take high right. Rena and Queen B, take front and back. At my signal, we go out at once." Ladybug planned.

Without any concerns, they got into position. Chat looked at Ladybug across the rooftops and nodded. They were all ready. She threw her yo-yo at the woman and both Rena and Queen B shot out at once. Chat Noir jumped from his position on the rooftop and, using his stick as a propeller, shot towards the victim. He was met with an orange laser and was blasted backwards. Goodness that hurt.