Chapter 18 -- The Final Battle

************************************3rd Person PoV*************************************

"Meet at the Eiffel Tower."

The heroes of Paris ran across the city, all from different sections and met at the monument. 

"All is quiet in the streets of Paris." the black cat said.

"You'd think Hawkmoth would actually carry out his threat." said the fox.

"Don't worry." the turtle answered. "He will."

"But he hasn't shown any sign of anything." the bee pointed out.

"Maybe he's just waiting." replied the ladybug. "Waiting for the right time when we show weakness." 

"Good point, M'lady." Chat Noir said, sidling a little closer to Ladybug.

"What are you doing, Chat?" she asked.

"Nothing." grinned Chat.

"Stop flirting and look." Rena Rouge said. The heroes looked in the direction the fox was pointing. The Notre Dame. However, something looked different. It seemed as if a faint purple glow came from inside it.

"Should we go check it out?" Queen B asked.

"Of course." said Carapace.

The five made their way to the Notre Dame and stopped in it's vast window. "What should we do? Break it?" asked Queenie.

Ladybug shook her head. "No, if Hawkmoth's in there, we need to have the element of surprise on our side."

"But what if this is what he wants?" Carapace asked. "What if he wants us to come to him. It could be a trap."

"Pace is right." Chat Noir agreed. Carapace turned towards the cat.

"Did you just call me 'Pace?'"

Chat Noir shrugged. "Carapace is too long."

"Don't worry." Queen B said. "He gives all of us nicknames. She's Bugaboo, she's Rena, I'm Queenie and now you're Pace."

Carapace returned that comment with a shrug.

"Let's go around front." suggested Rena. "We can walk in the front doors and split up."

"But do we all want to be split up? What if something happens?" asked Ladybug.

"We can call each other." Pace answered.

"I like that plan." said Chat Noir. "We'll scout the area and if we see anything suspicious, call the team and we'll regroup and check it out together."

"Sounds like a plan." Queenie said. She jumped off the window followed but the rest of the group. They made their way to the front doors and Chat Noir hesitantly pushed them open.

"Huh." he said. "Someone forgot to lock up."

"Or someone wants us to be here." Carapace mumbled to himself.

"Okay," Ladybug whispered quietly so the others had to lean in to hear her. "I'll take high left and Rena take high right. Chat take left, Carapace middle and Queenie take right. If anything goes wrong, meet back here immediately."

The group nodded and split up. Chat Noir went left and into a hallway. Within three minutes, he was sure that nothing was there. It was as silent as a graveyard in the cathedral.

Suddenly, a bang went off like a gun. Chat Noir jumped as a cage fell around him. 

"Cataclysm!" He shouted, and the bars around him melted. Did the cage fall on purpose? Or was it an accident? Chat Noir shook his head and kept going. It was probably nothing