Chapter 14 -- Who Are You?

************************************3rd Person POV************************************

The cat bowed his head in defeat, the defeated ladybug struggled to help her friend, and the black butterfly laughed in victory. Nothing would stop him now.

He went to take off the little cat's ring when something flew from his left and landed, lodged in the ground, on his right. Hawkmoth looked at where the missile originated to see a figure standing in the light of the open window. The shield like projectile shot back up and into the hands of the new comer. They hoped down into the room and said in a calm voice, "I wouldn't touch him if I were you."

Hawkmoth, getting over the shock of someone finding his hiding place, laughed. "And who might you be?"

The boy walked into the light, dramatically, and said, "I'm Carapace. And you're going to hand me your miraculous."

***********************************Chat Noir's POV*************************************

Chat looked at the new hero. Clad in a turtle like costume, Carapace took off his shield and threw it towards Hawkmoth who just disappeared, only to reappear elsewhere; however, instead of hitting the wall, the shield turned around and aimed for Hawkmoth again. 

For about a minute, this continued. Hawkmoth continued to dodge the shield as Chat Noir made his way slowly and painfully to Marinette, who wasn't moving. Carapace sat there with an amused look on his face. 

Finally, as soon as Chat got to his princess, Carapace called his shield back to him. He slid it onto his back and said, "Getting tired old man? I could do this all day."

"You have no idea what I can do." said Hawkmoth, panting slightly. 

"Don't worry." Carapace grinned. "I've been filled in." He pounced and him and Hawkmoth launched in a full on combat.

Marinette lay in Chat Noir's lap, bleeding slightly from her hairline. "Hold on, Princess." he muttered to himself. He needed to get out of here before anything else happened. Suddenly, he looked over at the two brawling to see Hawkmoth backed up against the wall.

"Better fly away butterfly." Carapace said, closing in on Hawkmoth. "I wouldn't stick around much longer or you'll be toast." 

Hawkmoth looked worried for a split second, but that worry turned quickly to a cunning look. "Oh don't worry, pesky little tortoise. I'll get what I want eventually." He teleported and that was the last they saw of him.

Carapace turned towards Chat Noir as if nothing had happened. "You might want to take her somewhere safe where she can heal. She doesn't look too good. If you can't move, I can take her to her house."

Chat Noir shook his head, said in a coarse voice, "Why did you let him go?"

Carapace nodded. "It wasn't his time. He'll be done with soon, don't worry. But he isn't supposed to be rid of just yet."

Chat Noir couldn't talk. He was too weak. Carapace put his hand on the cat's shoulder and squeezed. Then with that, he jumped out the window, leaving Chat Noir confused and holding his unconscious girlfriend.

Hey guys!

Sorry for the short chapter but I didn't feel like the next part would go well with this one.

I'm thinking about doing a chapter or two for the backstories of all the new miraculous holders. So Rena, Queenie and the new addition, Carapace! If you guys like that idea, then please comment below. If not, comment anyway :p

I'm sad to say that this book will be ending soon but I'm planning on a Book 2 if I can get enough views and votes!

So you can expect another 4 or 5 chapters.

Thank you so much for the amazing support.

Especially you.