Chapter 6 -- Cut It Out!

Thanks again for reading my book. I just wanted to warn you in advance that you may hate this chapter. I don't know. Depending on how much feels you get reading other fanfic... Anyway, enjoy my little miraculers.

************************************Ladybug's POV*************************************

She jumped across the streets of Paris, upset that bad guys were just popping up out of nowhere. Three right after each other. Won't she ever get a break?

She quickly found the source of the disturbance, seeing as there were dozens upon dozens of people yelling and screaming. She landed in the midst of a huge crowd of people, all fighting and arguing with each other.

"Calm down!" Ladybug shouted, but to no prevail. Everyone was still ganging up on each other. What was going on? Ladybug stomped her foot and swung up to the high building behind her and shouted on the top of her lungs, "Everybody SHUT UP!!"

The crowd behind her silenced and looked up at her.

"Why are you guys all fighting? There is no reason to be arguing with each other." Ladybug reasoned.

"Oh, yes there is." A man called from below. "Why haven't you stopped Hawkmoth yet? Aren't you supposed to be our hero?"

Ladybug froze. What did he mean?

"Yeah!" shouted a woman in agreement. "If you're our hero, then go and defeat Hawkmoth. Stop sitting around and waiting for Paris to be destroyed!" Many other people joined in the protest and were shouting at Ladybug when she saw a flash of golden light. Chat Noir landed by her side.

"Need any help, M'lady?" he asked, winking but then seeing Ladybug's face. "M'lady?" He asked tenderly, moving in front of her. Ladybug moved her face away so her couldn't see her tears. All the people were right. If she just tried to get to Hawkmoth first, then all the attacks on Paris would be over and everyone would be safe. Isn't that what superheroes were supposed to do? Save everyone?

Ladybug shook her head and turned around just as Rena Rouge and Queen B landed behind her.

"What's the matter?" Rena asked, looking at Chat Noir. He shrugged and told them to calm the crowd down. Then, he moved behind Ladybug, too close for comfort.

"Ladybug, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, Chat. I'm fine."

"No, you're not." He moved around to in front of her and put his hands on her shoulder. He tilted her head up and cupped his hand around her chin. "Tell me what's wrong." he said, looking into her eyes. She looked up at his bright green eyes. She could almost feel the heat from her cheeks reflect back onto her for how close Chat was. "Please, tell me." he whispered. He was getting closer and Ladybug could hardly breathe. Why wasn't she moving? Why was she just standing there?

He was getting closer. She could feel his breath on her skin. His eyes closed and hers fluttered shut. Their noses touched and Ladybug's heart jumped into her throat. She couldn't think, she couldn't feel. All she knew was that Chat was there. He wanted her. She closed the gap between them. She wanted this. She needed  this. She tilted her head up ever so slightly. Chat moved his hand to her neck. He began to pull her in the final distance when -

"Guys! Watch out!"

Ladybug whipped around and saw nothing. Her vision was instantly filled with golden light. She heard a cackle and her heart instantly filled with anger. Who did Chat Noir think he is? She swung around, her sight restored and she threw her yo-yo. It wrapped itself around Chat Noir and she pulled.

Surprised by the sudden attack, he froze. Rena flew in and hovered just above Chat.

"Ladybug! What are you doing?" she cried.