Chapter 13 -- No Escape Now

***********************************Chat Noir's POV*************************************

He crept into the room. There were sounds of fighting coming from every corner. Chat took out his baton as he peered into the room. He caught a glimpse of a red and black suit. Ladybug?

He jumped out of his hiding place and joined the fighting as quick as he could.

"What took you so long, Chat Noir?" panted Ladybug. "I've been here forever fighting him." She ducked as a chair flew across the room towards her head.

"Never mind that, where's Marinette?" Chat Noir asked.

"She's safe don't worry." Ladybug confirmed and a huge relief swelled within Chat.

Hawkmoth laughed. "You can't be that stupid, Chat Noir. You're honestly saying that you can't see it?"

"See what?" asked Chat Noir, temporarily off guard.

"Stop!" Ladybug yelled as she threw her yo-yo. It bounced off Hawkmoth who just materialized across the room and threw another chair. "You don't get to tell him who I am or I'll tell the world who you are, Mr. Ag-." She dodged a second too soon. A table hit her across the head and she flew back across the room.

"No!" Chat Noir shouted. He turned towards Hawkmoth, who was laughing menacingly. "You're going to pay." All his hatred surged out at once and he fought with everything he had. Sweat ran down his forehead as he engaged Hawkmoth in hand to hand combat. The villain was surprisingly good as he put up a fight.

Chat Noir, blinded by his anger, was thrust down onto the ground. Hawkmoth laughed above his head.

"That was all too easy. You'd think that the superheroes of Paris would actually try to stop the villain." He laughed again and bent down to the aching Chat Noir. Chat tried to sit up but couldn't.

"I think... yes - I will take your miraculous now." He grabbed Chat Noir's hand and touched the ring. "Ah, the miraculouses are in my grasp. All I have to do is take it and the power will be mine. Oh, how I've waited for this moment. In a second, I could dominate this world, but what would be the fun in that? I think I will slowly take this planet. And I will start with this retched city. Paris will be mine and I will start with your loved ones. Starting with Ladybug. In fact," Hawkmoth paused and reconsidered his plan of action. "I think I will make you watch your loved one be taken first." He grabbed Chat Noir's hair and forced his head up. "You will watch as I take your Ladybug away from you."

He dropped Chat and walked over to where Ladybug lay, still unconscious. He leaned down and lifted her hair. "Aha, in seconds, she will detransform and her identity will be revealed. I daresay, you will be shocked at the secret she has been hiding from you."

Ladybug's miraculous beeped and a bright light temporarily blinded Chat Noir. When the stars had disappeared from his vision, he gasped.

Ladybug was...Marinette?

For one split second, Chat's heart was filled with joy. His princess and his lady were the same people. But that joy was instantly turned into dread. But his lady would be no more.

Chat tried to sit up, but his head spun with the pain from his chest. Attempting to ignore it, he sat up. "You will - never win." Chat gasped.

"Haha, but see? I already have." He took off Marinette's earrings, just as she was waking up.

"Ch-chat?" she asked, realizing she had been unconscious. She blinked and thrust her hand up at Hawkmoth who disappeared and reappeared a few feet away, closer to Chat. "Now. It's the cat's turn." He stalked up to Chat and Marinette cried out. There was nothing either of them could do. Hawkmoth was going to win.