Chapter 2 -- A New Team

************************************Marinette's POV************************************

Marinette heard the crash and fell out of her seat. "Oof," she groaned.

"Mari, are you alright?" Alya grabbed Marinette's hand and hoisted her back onto her feet.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Marinette confirmed. "But what was that?"

"I don't know but I'm going to check it out. Ladybug might be close behind!" Alya said as she dashed off.

Marinette groaned. She didn't know where Tikki was which meant she couldn't transform into Ladybug. She had a costume at home but she wouldn't have any actual powers.

She reached up to her earrings on habit. There was only one! Of course, she had dropped it when Adrien had shown up during their conversation! She ran out of the library and made her way towards the classroom. There were students running everywhere. Apparently, she wasn't the only one who noted the noise.

She ran into the classroom and got to her hands and knees in search for her earring. She glimpsed in the far corner but another crash sounded, and earring disappeared out of sight.

Marinette continued to search for her earring when she was aware that she wasn't the only one in the room. She looked around and saw her enemy: Volpina. Marinette pretended to look shocked at this new comer when inside, she was filled with dread. Volpina had been hard enough to defeat the first time, especially with her power over illusions. Did that mean that this attack could as well be an illusion? Marinette touched the rocks next to her to see if they'd disappear. They didn't. This attack wasn't fake.

"I'm looking for Ladybug. Have you seen her?" Volpina asked.

"N-no, I haven't. Don't you think she'd be by the fighting?"

Volpina shook her head. "She wasn't there. Thanks anyway, though." She jumped out of the broken wall and flew towards the source of the crash.

Marinette began to sweat. If she couldn't find her earring, then she wouln't be able to transform and warn Chat about who they were up against.

She struggled to find her missing earring. It had to be here somewhere! She stood up and scanned the room. Where was it? She saw it across the room and she dashed to it, no time to spare. Putting it in, Tikki bounced out of thin air. "Mari? What happened?"

"I took my earring out for a quick excuse, then lost it. But now there's another akumatized victim somewhere. Hurry Tikki!"

Tikki nodded as Marinette called, "Tikki, spots on" and she transformed.

*************************************Ladybug's POV************************************

Ladybug bounded off rooftops and across the streets. Parts of the city flew in every direction. Where was the source of the chaos?

Suddenly, something dropped down in front of her and she started.

"Oh, it's just you, Chat." She said, relieved it wasn't the villain.

"Just me, M'lady." Chat Noir nodded. "Listen, I think-"

Ladybug cut him off and said, "It's Volpina. That's who we're up against. I saw her looking for me but I was in - you know - my civilian form."

Chat Noir looked confused. "Can an akumatized victim get akumatized again?"

Ladybug shrugged and said, "Everyone has negative emotions all the time. It makes sense logically. But I guess we'll find out."

Chat Noir nodded. "Here's the thing, I saw the victim just south of here, but it isn't Volpina."

"So?" Ladybug stated. "Volpina is known for her power of lies and illusions."

"Illusions?" A voice sounded behind her. Ladybug spun around to see a figure standing there, dressed like a bee.

"You really think that this is all an illusion?"

"Who are you?" Ladybug asked, getting ready for a fight, with Chat Noir posed to pounce next to her.

"Don't worry." The girl said. "My name's Queen B. My miraculous is my hair pin. My weapon is my trompo," she showed a small object shaped like a teardrop, "and my powers are super speed and I can climb on pretty much anything. You have nothing to fear. Master Fu told me that you would have trust issues. Ladybug more than Chat Noir. But you can trust me."

Ladybug looked at her in confusion. Why wouldn't Master Fu tell her that a new miraculous holder would be joining her and Chat? Could it just be a trick from Hawkmoth? But then how would she know about Master Fu?

"Who's Master Fu?" Chat Noir asked, looking as confused as Ladybug felt.

Queen B gave him a confused look. "You don't know who Master Fu is?"

Chat Noir shook his head and Ladybug said, "No, Chat doesn't know who he is yet. Fu said that he wasn't ready to meet him yet."

Queen B nodded. "Makes sense."

"Excuse me?" Chat snapped.

"Look, it's mostly nothing." Ladbug told him. "You'll meet him when the time is right. And that time is up to your kwami. But for now, we need to get going to find Volpina."

"Hold up, who's Volpina?" Queen B asked.

"She's an akumatized victim we fought a little while back. She is a girl named Lila. You might know her. It was my fault really." Ladybug explained.

"Really?" Queen B asked. "Ladybug caused an akuma. And here I was thinking she was perfect."

Ladybug shrugged. "It was slightly out of jealousy, let's just say. Anyway," she changed the subject in fear of getting to close to revealing her identity. "The point is, Volpina is back and we need to be ready."

"Oh, hey you guys."

Ladybug, Chat Noir and Queen B turned to face the newcomer: Volpina.

"Volpina." Ladybug glared. "What happened this time?"

"What?" The girl looked confused. "Who's Volpina? And what do you mean what happened?"

"You're Volpina and last time you were akumatized, it was because I embarrassed you in front of Adrien. What happened this time?"

Volpina shook her head. "Look, I don't know what you're talking about. My name isn't Volpina. It's Rena Rouge. Master Fu told me-"

"Oh come on!" Chat complained. "Does everyone know who Master Fu is except me?"

"-that you would need some help on what's to come. He said something about the finishing battle." Rena Rouge finished without missing a beat.

"But you - I - we fought you!" Ladybug stuttered.

Rena shook her head. "Not that I can think of. Well, actually I can think of one time. I wasn't Rena though. Technically two but that one doesn't really count."

"See?" Ladybug said, turning to Chat Noir. "We've fought her before. She has to be the source."

"Hold on a second, will you?" Rena raised her hands. "I didn't have a miraculous then. I was one of Hawkmoth's akumatized victims. You have to trust me."

Ladybug looked at Chat Noir, the only person she really, truly trusted. "Can I talk to you for a second?" Chat Noir nodded and followed Ladybug out of earshot of the other two.

"Is it just me, or is it suspicious that two new superheroines drop out of the sky unexpectedly?"

"Isn't that what happened to us?" Chat Noir countered.

"Well, yes but that's different." Ladybug answered.

"How? How is it much different?" Chat pointed out. When Ladybug didn't answer, he said, "I think we should give them a chance. Just in case they are telling the truth."

"And if they aren't?" Ladybug asked.

"Then we can take them." Chat Noir shrugged.

Ladybug grumbled. "Fine, but only one chance."