37

Liam's POV

"Hello?" I answer Harry's call, hoping it's good news about Emily. Even though I spoke to her, about twenty minutes ago.

"Liam," he breathes, "You'll never guess what just happened." His breathing seems uneven.

"Spit it out, I don't feel like guessing," I say, not in the mood for his shit.

"It's-It's.." He pauses, fumbling on the other end.

"What?!" I'm growing impatient, as I try to talk to him and clean up Emily's apartment at the same time.

"Lia." He manages to get out, making me stop dead in my tracks.

"I thought we agreed to never speak of her again." My words are ice cold, as I loose feeling the the hand gripping the phone.

"Fuck, I know we did. But that's because we thought she was dead." He curses some more under his breath. All I can think is, he just said, 'because we thought she was dead,'

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask, looking out the window and Into the lighten up city.

"She's fucking alive, she's fucking alive." He repeats over and over, as I hear a car engine starting up in the background.

"Harry are you drunk?" I ask, knowing that he must be making this up. He has to be, Lia isn't alive. There's no way in hell that she could be alive, after all this time. He's drunk as fuck, that's all.

"Not even close, I know what I saw and heard. Liam, she's alive and she's changed." He says. Harry starts explaining every little detail, every word she spoke to him. My mind goes wild with thoughts.

I have a child. She-He is alive right now, but with parents he thinks are his birth parents. I don't know how too feel. Actually yes I do. I'm glad she didn't keep him. It's the only right choice she's made this entire time. She would have never been able to take care of him.

"She knows where you fucking live, Liam. I didn't even tell her where you lived.." He says, his car engine quitting in the background.

"I just got home, I'm going to see how Emily is. Hopefully Lia doesn't do anything stupid." Harry says.

"I'm coming over." I say, not letting him object. I hang the phone up, knowing I don't have much time, before I face the girl I abandon.

I don't want to face her. I know what I did was fucked up, very fucked up. I didn't know what the hell I was thinking, I was only a young teen. If I faced her now, I wouldn't know what to say or do.

How is she even alive? Call me fucked up, but I honestly didn't think she would make it. Being pregnant, no money, no food and living on the cold London streets, isn't that easy. Only I would know, because of a personal experience.

Lia.

Lia was always a very fragile, delicate, young girl. She reminded me of Emily in many ways, but was also very different in many more ways.

Their looks is probably the most similar. The same striking, long hair, that cascades far down their backs. Maybe it's their soft eyes, that look so innocent compared to mine.

Yes, that's it.

It's the innocence.

I've always wanted something, the complete opposite of me, to somehow lure me with them. Maybe that's why I tried Lia, but it obviously didn't work out. I really thought she was going to be my forever. I had the same feeling, I have now, with Emily.

Only Emily's is so strong, so incredibly strong, that I can't tear away, like I did with Lia.

-