Red face

When lunch time came, Lin Ka Ye won't let Wu Ming Er eat in peace until he get his answer. Apparently, this isn't the first time Gu Wang Yi gave his friend a drive. The shuai brother even know where Wu Ming Er live. This is seriously bruising his ego as he, who has been friend with Wu Ming Er for 2 years didn't know anything.
Since Wu Ming Er seems like he has nothing to say to explain himself, Lin Ka Ye bothered him longer, purposely mentioning about worthiness and loyalty a few times.

"Am I not worthy to you ah ? Brother has only been here for a few months. Between us both, how can you believe brother more than me"

"......"

While hearing all the complaints, Wu Ming Er keep on glaring to Gu Wang Yi who is eating comfortably across from him. The real culprit didn't even try to clean after his own mess yet throwing in all on his shoulder. He sighed and turned to Lin Ka Ye once again. His friend is such a drama queen, even dare to put a fake tears under his eyes while he wasn't looking.

"Stop it now. It wasn't a big deal anyway"

"It is a big deal. Look, how can a friend of 2 years lose to a friend of few months. This hurts so much ah"

Lin Ka Ye grimaced while gripping his chest, indicating that his heart is hurting. Seeing that, Wu Ming Er can only rolled his eyes in annoyance.
But what he said was true at least. And it makes Wu Ming Er wonder why did he trust Gu Wang Yi so much. What is it that makes him open up to Gu Wang Yi so easily than his own friend. True, it really doesn't make sense.
Wu Ming Er was too deep in thought that Gu Wang Yi had to knock the table to bring him back.
He look up and immediately catch Gu Wang Yi's soft brown eyes on him.

"Eat first. Recess almost over"

He nodded and start eating his lunch. This time, Lin Ka Ye no longer take away his plate from him yet he decided to bother Gu Wang Yi next.

"Brother, please show me the way to Xiao Wu's house so that next time I can pick him up to school"

"No"

"Then, leave the duty of bringing him home to me at least"

"Nope, it has always been my job"

Lin Ka Ye was left frustrated. No matter what he bargain, nothing can make Gu Wang Yi changed his mind. What makes him frustrated even more is when the shuai brother even wearing his usual calm expression like it was nothing at all.

"You are being mean ah. Let me take care of Xiao Wu too !"

Seeing Lin Ka Ye bursting in annoyance, Gu Wang Yi even dare to smirk at him.
Meanwhile, Wu Ming Er clench his teeth. Hearing their conversation, he feels like the odd brothers are teasing him. Who need to be taken care of ah ? Am I a girl that need to be protected ah ? Since yelling at them will only make them the centre of attention, Wu Ming Er swallow those words back.

"Ok stop now. I don't need to be taken care of by both of you"

" How can it be. Protecting you is my job"

Gu Wang Yi insisted. Wu Ming Er who is already mad at him get even madder. His face immediately got all red.

"Gu Wang Yi, you dare to make the princess angry ah. His face got all red"

Lin Ka Ye joined Gu Wang Yi to tease Wu Ming Er. Since he can't get back at Gu Wang Yi for being mean to him, he changed his target. It actually kind of funny seeing his friend in rage but don't know how to take a revenge without being too harsh. Getting fed up, Wu Ming Er ran back to class first, leaving the odd brothers behind.

"So cute"

Gu Wang Yi sighed while fondly looking at Wu Ming Er's retreating figure.
Lin Ka Ye gasped when he heard that. The person who doesn't have much emotion can actually make a face and comment like that towards his friend. The more Lin Ka Ye looked at him, the more he feels like his intuition is right. He didn't wait for long before dropping the question.

"Brother, you...... like our Xiao Wu ah ?"

Hearing that, Gu Wang Yi turned to look at Lin Ka Ye. There isn't even a trace of guilt on his face. In fact, his expression is back to the one he always wear when Wu Ming Er wasn't around, the calm poker face. It really doesn't seem like he was caught red-handed either.

"You couldn't be bending that way, right ?"

Lin Ka Ye is getting anxious. He really want to hear the answer but he was afraid that the answer won't be what he wanted to hear. Wu Ming Er is his friend. One that he really care about. He doesn't want Wu Ming Er to be tainted just because Gu Wang Yi decided to dot on his friend.
All the while, Gu Wang Yi try to read Lin Ka Ye's expression. He didn't see any trace of disgust yet the frown was there. He immediately understand Lin Ka Ye's concern for Wu Ming Er.

"As much as you care for him, I care for him too"

Gu Wang Yi said, gaining Lin Ka Ye's attention. It was true, hurting Wu Ming Er was never his intention. He didn't come that far just to break the person that he has been looking for.

"I came here for him. I came here to take care of him"

He added desperately. He was reminded the pain of the past that he almost chocked in tears. Althought he has many more things to say and explain, the sound of bell ringing makes him stop the words from coming out.

"You, what you know today, I hope that it stays between us only. Stop worrying about your friend so much ah. I would never do things that he don't want me to do"

After saying that, Gu Wang Yi leave to walk back to his class. Not far behind him, Lin Ka Ye is trailing while thinking about Gu Wang Yi's words. Actually, he don't really get anything from them. All that he got was headache ah.

*****
Early update for 1K views celebration. Thank you so much for supporting Tangent till it reached this point.
I hope everyone have a nice day ☺️