Going back

The moment Gu Wang Yi parked the car at the lawn, he already know that the day won't end well.
He is only back home now after half a year not being there.
His father was so against the idea of him going to the public school.
He never tell anyone the reason why he wanted to change school but he won't doubt that his father already know about it.

2 years ago, they lost the lady of the Gu's household in an accident. The very same accident which caused Wu Ming Er's to become an orphan. That time, he remembered Gu Yue Ling driving in panic to bring Gu Yin Xing to the hospital. Gu Yin Xing, his sister was having another seizuers attack. They were terrified when his sister's eyes started to roll to the back of her head, showing most of her white eyes and when her mouth started foaming. It wasn't his first time seeing it but it definitely worse than other attack. He still remember the terrifying sight that he set his eyes on that day. He don't think he will ever forget.

"Young Master, welcome home"

Gu Wang Yi was brought back into real life hearing the voice from his side. Apparently, he has been day-dreaming infront of the big oak door of the old mansion. He sighed and started to walk in.
There are so many reasons as to why he prefer not to come back to the main house. Gu Yue Ling not being there is one of the reason why.
The maid who greeted him earlier excused herself after he settle down in the living room.
Soon, she came back to serve tea for him.

"No need. I am going upstairs"

Without waiting much longer, Gu Wang Yi climbed the stairs and get into his own room. Good thing that the maid always keep the room clean. He quickly throw himself on the bed and sprawl like a starfish.
His mind quickly jumped back to the past. Then, he slowly drift into a deep sleep.

His mother was driving but then she had to make a sudden turn to avoid car from opposite direction that overcross the white-line divider. In that moment, he closed his eyes in reflex but he can still hear the crash and feel the impact. They have bumped into another car from the opposite lane.

He wasn't seriously injured but it was a different case for his mother and sister. Gu Yue Ling died on the spot because the crash happened to be worst on driver side. He still remember seeing them wrapping his mother's figure right after checking her pulses. He was injured but nothing hurts more than the pain of losing Gu Yue Ling.

"Young master"

The soft knocks on the door brought him back to real life this time. He realized that he was crying in his sleep again. Being in that house, it was hard to not be reminded of the past. It was harder back then, when everytime he tried to close his eyes, the scene came back as if it was put on constant replay. He slowly get up and open the door only to be greeted by the same maid. He didn't remember seeing her 6 months ago before he left. She could be someone new in that house.

"What is it ?"

"Master is on the way home. He is expecting to eat dinner together with you"

"Ok"

Gu Wang Yi didn't bother asking for her name. Ever since the lady died, the house seems like it already lost the aura. It was quiet all day long since nobody wants to stay there anymore. The maids also come and go because nobody ever stayed longer than a year. The only reason they didn't move out is because of Gu Yin Xing.

Gu Wang Yi walk out from his room and headed to the room far at the end of the hall. It is Gu Yin Xing's room.
His lovely sister now seems more like a porcelain doll. She couldn't remember anything after the accident so the family doctor suggested it best to keep her living in a familiar surrounding. 2 years yet it done nothing to improve her memory.

"Xiao Xing, I am coming in"

He opened the door and saw his sister sitting on the bench at the balcony. Gu Yin Xing didn't turn around to greet him as usual and he sighed as he take a seat. She could be mad at him for leaving her alone in that house but he had to do it to find Wu Ming Er.

"Did you find him ?"

"Yes. I managed to be his classmate"

"He is doing ok, right ? He is not having a hard time or anything ?"

"He is fine. I will be with him from now on"

Gu Yin Xing turned to Gu Wang Yi immediately. Back then when she asked why did Gu Wang Yi has to leave, her brother said that he felt guilty and wanted to pay for his crime. It wasn't even Gu Wang Yi's fault in the first place. She already know the real situation from what she can get on the internet. She was the one who put them in that situation. If only she didn't get her attack on that day, the accident wouldn't have happened.

"You don't need to do that much for me. You don't ever have to feel guilty. If he is fine, then you can come back home"

"Xiao Xing, his name is Wu Ming Er. When we lost a mother, he lost both of his parents"

She know about it. She has done quite a lot of research to understand the case. Although she lost her memory, she didn't want to end up not knowing anything at all. The case was closed and the Wu couple was charged guilty from her reading. When she heard that they have a son, she got curious and didn't stopped Gu Wang Yi from going to take a look at the guy. She atleast wants the son to live without much trouble after becoming an orphan.

"Ge, it is fine now if he is doing ok. We don't need to hold onto it much longer"

"Xiao Xing, we can't only believe the things that we can see but ignore the things that we can't"

Gu Wang Yi said sadly. The things on news and internet could easily be altered. He won't blame his sister for not knowing the exact truth. But he is still living. And he was in that accident too, making him the living proof. Even if the world don't know, he still need to make sure that Wu Ming Er know that his parents weren't guilty. His parents' car didn't bumped into Gu Yue Ling's car but it was the other way around.

The dinner went well. Apart from his father constant nagging, telling him to go back to the public school, everything else was bearable. Eventhough nobody remember his birthday, it was still fine. But he can't wait to go home, to Wu Ming Er's side.

*****
Aiyo a few people guessed it right. GWY was indeed involved in that accident and he still get nightmares from it 😭

*Ge-brother
*Xiao- it is like an endearment for someone younger. Xiao Xing literally means 'little star'. Its a cute name tho ☺️

Im so nervous for the interview tomorrow gah 😅