Chapter 5

Evan's P.O.V.

As I stand there with my jacket, phone in hand, and hair nicely gelled up, I just kept looking at myself in the mirror.

Was this too nice?
Did I put enough cologne?
Was I over thinking this?
Is that a stain on my shirt?!

Then a knock on my door.

"Evan? Are you in here, dear?" My mother asks.

"Yeah!" I shouted back.

I went to open the door and see my beautiful mom there. She was shorter than me, of course. She had brown eyes like me and the same dark hair.

"Where are you going, dear?" She asks.

"To a party. I hope you don't mind me going.. it's at Marcel's and I'll probably be home around two," I explained.

"Hmm, well, I suppose that's all right. Don't be late, okay? And be safe. Don't do anything stupid!" She scolds.

"I promise," I kissed her cheek, "bye mom!"

"Have fun!"

With that, I went to my car, started it up, then went straight to Jon's house.

~Time Skip~

His house. This is his house.

It's pretty small. I've never expected it to be decent though. I walked up to his door and knocked. I waited and waited. That is, until I heard a dog bark.

"Cinnamon! Down girl!" I hear.

As the door opens, I see those beautiful, mesmerizing blue eyes of his.

"Hey, Evan! Ready?" He asks with a kind smile.

"Y-Yeah, yeah. Whenever you are."

"Dad! I'm going out, don't wait up!" He shouts.

Before I hear anything, he slams the door, grabs my hand and rushes to the car.

Okay then. No, 'bye, Jon?'

"Sorry, my dad is a little tied up at the moment."

"It's fine."

He gave me a kind smile again. This time, with teeth. He has a beautiful smile.

"Evan, how tall are you?" He asks.

"Uhh... I think about five-eleven. Maybe six foot, why?"

"Just wondering. I, kind of, like tall guys."

That made me blush.

"Oh, cool. Y-Yeah, cool."

As we made it in the car, we drove off to Marcel's place. I was liking forward to this. I really was. Not only was I going to enjoy my Saturday, but I'm also going to enjoy it with someone that I might have feelings for.

But little did I know, it would be the worst night that I have ever received.