Chapter 10

Soooo sorry! But enjoy! :D

Jonathan's P.O.V.

Once I entered my house, my little sister ran up to me. She was always excited to see me home.

"Look, Jonny! I painted a picture for you!" She says in excitement.

"Oh my god, Lizard! It's beautiful! This goes straight onto my wall," I say.

She claps her hands and runs to her room. I look around the house to see if there was any chores or food being made.

And, of course, to my surprise, there was no food. My father was snoring on the couch with a beer bottle in one hand and the TV remote in the other.

I sigh and tried to clean this filthy house. It always smelled like piss and there were weird stains on the carpet.

Picking up the beer bottles, I accidentally dropped one, making it scatter all over the floor. It woke my dad up right away.

"Did you seriously break another glass bottle, Jonathan?" He angrily says.

"It was an accident, father," I quietly say.

"Well clean that fuckin' mess up!"

He gets up and stomps away. Probably getting ready for another club tonight. Ever since my mom died three years ago, he's been drinking nonstop and going to clubs almost every night. He even brings sluts over for "fun."

As I start to clean up some more, I see something pink and stringy in the couch. Picking it up, I can clearly tell in was a thong.

Gross.

My dad comes back with a buttoned up shirt and some new jeans. I showed him what I had and he just looks confused.

"Why is this in the couch cushion?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh my god, Rick. You can't be doing this! What if Liz sees this?! I don't want her to know about this stuff," I practically yelled.

That's when I felt a hard and stinging pain on my face. I fell to the ground and looked up.

"Listen here, boy. You don't run your mouth like that in front of me. Who pays for this house? Who pays for the food on your table? Who is the actual man in this house? That's right. Me! So don't go running around telling me what or not to do in my life. Got it?" He angrily says.

I began to cry and nodded my head yes.

"Good! Now, I'm going out. Make sure I don't see that face of yours when I get back."

As soon as he said that, he stomped his way out, leaving me on the floor with tears in my eyes and a red mark on my face.

"Jonny?" I hear.

My sister came into view and ran towards me.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. Brother bear Jonny is here," I whisper.

"Jonny... why is daddy so mean?" She asks.

"I-I don't know, lizard."

There was a moment of silence. That is until she said one thing that hurt me.

"I miss mommy."

I sat there with her in my arms and started to have more tears stream down on my cheeks.

"Me too."